Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to customise your engine cover

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
its not the same silver as the car, its a lil darker. its hard to find stores that have all the VHT range, some only stock the red and yellow for the brake calipers. so its best to look around and not buy the cheap $2 paints which will flake soon.

i was thinking of doing the fuel tank silver with the straps holding the tank white. At the moment the tank is drawing to much attention being the hot red and the colours dont blend. what do you guys think?

C

Commodore_Chick

oh now theres something for me to do on the weekend!!!

guys they look awesome!! It makes such a difference :thumbsup:

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
once again i have modded my engine cover it has the same colour scheme but now has the top cut out and mesh put in it will get pics when i can

looks good but thats just me saying that so i'll post the pics when i get some

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
ey guys, do you have to use a 'heat resistant' type paint on the engine cover? or could you just use any plastic paint??

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
for infusion and DFO, did you just use a paint brush on the lettering ?

you say hobby paint DFO, so i take it its not the heat proof stuff as ratty is sugesting ??

S

smoken-v8

im thinken about air brushing white flames on mine as ive already painted the cover blue.

Z

Z()LTAN

i used a calliper paint from supercheap (obiously heat resistant, 650deg it says lol), was about $12 for the highgloss midnight black and its a big can, i got 5 layers out of it and still some left, then got just crapola $3 can of red spraypaint for the lettering, sprayed some into cap of the can and then used brush to paint it on, works fine :)

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
hmm i was thinkin about doing it to as my covers losing paint from crap and degreser on it.
maybe one day when im really board.

nice work fellers.