Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to find which VS series ute i have

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
My VS V6 Ute is from 1996 or 7 but I don't know which series it is its either a series 1 or 2 is there somewhere to put the codes from the compliance plate or VIN number into to find out, I'm looking for a harmonic balancer and some are only for series 1 and others series 2, maybe I need to check the motor instead for the right balancer as I don't know if it's the original motor that came with the car

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you are unsure of which engine you have then go by the engine number on the block.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Series 2 has central locking, series 1 doesn't (unless it was a Maloo).

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
My VS V6 Ute is from 1996 or 7 but I don't know which series it is its either a series 1 or 2 is there somewhere to put the codes from the compliance plate or VIN number into to find out, I'm looking for a harmonic balancer and some are only for series 1 and others series 2, maybe I need to check the motor instead for the right balancer as I don't know if it's the original motor that came with the car
Whats the build date on the compliance plate?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Whats the build date on the compliance plate?

that's exactly what I was going to say, this would explain it instantly. June 96 onwards is a Series 2.

BTW the build plate has the exact day the body itself left the bodyshop prior to the paint shop and final assembly