Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get doors off?

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
Hey guys,
Just wondering, i have a VB commodore and i want to strip down and paint it but i cant seem to work out how to get the doors off, anyone know how to get them off? when i get them off are they easy to get back on? any help is most welcome, as i have never done a commodore before, only a mazda and datsun which just unbolt and bolt back on.

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
go to repco or supacheap and buy a door pin removing tool bout 50 bucks firstly spray or oil all hinges thuroughly then put the rod that fits thru the hinge and covers the pin holding the door on BUT make sure it doesn't get stuck on the hinge casing. make sure the little nut is on the opposite end to where u will eventually hit with the hammer. then get a hammer and holding the bar that comes with it hit it till the pin comes free. installing u just line the pin up and GENTLY tap in place with the hammer. good luck they get easier after u do a few. hint do the bottom hinge first. hitting upwards its easier.

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
cool, thanks heaps, i will have a look when i get home from work tomorro, just want to get them off so i can oaint them properly.

R

rattattack1313

not a bad idea to put new pins in either...gets rid of any "door sag".......