Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get the most power possbile...

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
I don't know if this has been asked before, it probably has. I am very interested in how to get the most power out of my VT WITHOUT adding a supercharger.

I know the basics, extractors roller rockers, etc. but what sort of fine tuning and such can be done to make the six flow like a seven.

I'll be honest, the main reason im asking is becase my friend and I have made a bet and plan on heading down to the local drag course and racing in a quater mile.

He drives a Honda Accord. 6 cyl. I'm sure I can beat him stock but to do it by a long shot would be schwwweeeeeett

Any help appredciateed

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I'd just run your mate stock, if you think you can beat him. Rather expensive way to win a bet!

mattchew13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe 3.8 V6 2001
reduce weight! take our your back seats :p hahaha. and spare tyre

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
reduce weight! take our your back seats :p hahaha. and spare tyre

pump front tyres up hard, f*ck-all fuel in tank {shud use optimax+bottle of octane boost), low rear tyre pressure, new air filter, light weight oil in motor, remove left headlight(fresh air to airbox) as old mate said reduce weight-remove everything you dont need such as spare tyre, rear seat, crap in boot ect..
now remember warm tyres up, stall it up on the line-launch hard just before it goes green(time it)maximum momentum-minimum wheelspin, you will win.. ;p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
pump front tyres up hard, f*ck-all fuel in tank {shud use optimax+bottle of octane boost), low rear tyre pressure, new air filter, light weight oil in motor, remove left headlight(fresh air to airbox) as old mate said reduce weight-remove everything you dont need such as spare tyre, rear seat, crap in boot ect..
now remember warm tyres up, stall it up on the line-launch hard just before it goes green(time it)maximum momentum-minimum wheelspin, you will win.. ;p
dude, that will slow you down on a stock tune Ecotec.

matqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt/vx ls1
dude, that will slow you down on a stock tune Ecotec.

wat bro??? how figure?? when i say stall it up i mean ride the brake, will will slow you down????

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
he's talking about the optimax + octane boost

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
take out ya air filter :D

Decicrate

Reaction score