Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] how to keep your ride street legal.

Excale

Aussie N Proud!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5sp Manual[SOLD], VN V6[SOLD],VR S 5sp
Dammit doesn't say anything about Safeway trolleys being allowed on the road, i guess ill be walking to school until i can afford myself a ford laser! YEAH BRO!

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
there was never anything in legislation about a coke can!

There was the height (100mm). If a cop decides to make you drive over a can and you fail, and accept the defect, more fool you! Get them to measure something that is 10cm, then drive over that!

there is also stuff in the ADR's about the height of the headlights, so whilst your car might be above the 100mm specified in them your headlights could be lower than what is in the ADR's. But i have never heard about anyone getting defected due to the headlights being to low.

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
the vic road rules for right height differ from this. there is a formula for the ride height based on the distance between wheels.

also, height cannot be tested before or after 1m from an axle

rumbuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS COMMY UTE SER II
in gatton QLD i knew a bloke that was pulled over and the cops crawled under with a ruler that was cut down to 100mm and found the lowest point of the car and knocked him off for being too low and it was cause an exhaust mount had broken and the exhaust was just hanging under the limit but anyway

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
Suspension
(police testing method)
Fill a empty coke can with sand or leave it full with coke and place it front of your vehicle in the middle of the bumper , drive your vehicle over the coke can, if the coke can falls over or gets crushed your car is too low.

in vic they use a wheel thats 100mm or just by looking if there's no hope :p

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
recently one of my mates cars was tested with some sort of little trundle wheel that rolls under the car. The cops defected him even tho he had a full car and tools in the back.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hey steathy can you put up the link for me ill print them

I don't remember the link anymore. It will be on your local motor reg place's website tho.

ibt18u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina 5spd wagon black
opk mate thanks ill check it out