Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to make auto more responsive

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Any decent shift kit will actually reinforce the transmission, it will just put considerably more strain on the diff. It does this by replacing the weaker aluminium parts with a stronger alloy. From memory anyway.

d_neo_b

Tires A-Blazing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
So if you were to get a stage 2 kit would ya be better of upgrading the diff aswell?

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
I would be interested in it as my gearbox is showing wear and i only have 1-2years left in it aparently.

C

cizocizo

well its an upgrade, so it is a bit stronger.
but more pressure on the diff as well.
so dont drive like a dick :)

YByN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Depends how you drive it I spoze :}

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
where would you get shift kits from? rough costing? [WA]

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
price?? in WA too any one??

skeg1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 CHASER
Chuff said:
I just put a Corvette servo in my V8 VP last weekend and it has transformed the whole car.

Flooring it from standstill will now light up the rears, and changing from 1st to 2nd has gone from a strained, 1 second slip to a chirp. In addition, the change in all the other gears has also stiffened considerable. The car now goes like it has purpose.

All this for $60 and an hour to install. Best bang for bucks I have spent so far on tha car.

CATCH! :D
Hey Chuff, Could you please explain more about this Corvette Servo, like where does it fit?, how to fit one, any mods to fit it, a part #? and where do you get one.I think that we are running the same transmission, a turbo 700. I'm impressed if you can fix a sluggish auto with one of these Corvette Servos. Thanks. Skeg1967

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I got my Corvette Servo off ebay for about $50ish (more then there worth but i'm lazy). I have some info for you if you want it just PM me, it will explain where it goes and how to fit it.
But like I said it wont make it launch any quicker.
AirStrike :air:

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
skeg1967 said:
Hey Chuff, Could you please explain more about this Corvette Servo, like where does it fit?, how to fit one, any mods to fit it, a part #? and where do you get one.I think that we are running the same transmission, a turbo 700. I'm impressed if you can fix a sluggish auto with one of these Corvette Servos. Thanks. Skeg1967

I bought it from a local tranny joint. Paid $60, which is probably a bit high but I wanted it there and then.

I installed it referencing the following: http://s-series.org/Sections-article29-p1.html

All up it's quite easy if you follow the instructions from the above link and it took about 1.5-2 hours and it was all done.

CATCH! :D