Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to program a eprom

RabidDog_12345

Reaction score
well ill be receiving my eprom burner tomorrow and it says it comes with the Programmer software 0.97g and 0.97ja. how easy is it to burn the chips, im under the impression that you need to change some paramaters for different types of chips, ill burn the first tune onto a 27c256, and i have flashable 29c256 on the way,

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
i would have thought u would have learnt the basics before you purchased the burner..........i dont reckon you would get many answers on here mate (i could be wrong) because most of the people who know how to re map chips do it for a small fee for people therefore wouldnt tell alot of other people how to do it.........doctor bob and greenfoam have some very nice chip tunes i have heard all about foamys and i have a doctor bob tune in my VP...........*high five very niiiice*

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
me, greenfoam, and most of the other diy tuner guys are more than willing to help people out. we dont care much for charging people for something thats able to be done for free with a bit of searching.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/memcal-socket-install.19577

check out that thread, i cant remember if theres any info on that thread about burning, but its quite simple. choose the correct ic form the list, set the dip switches to correspond to the pic in the program, place eprom in socket, load tune, burn.

RabidDog_12345

Reaction score
me, greenfoam, and most of the other diy tuner guys are more than willing to help people out. we dont care much for charging people for something thats able to be done for free with a bit of searching.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/memcal-socket-install.19577

check out that thread, i cant remember if theres any info on that thread about burning, but its quite simple. choose the correct ic form the list, set the dip switches to correspond to the pic in the program, place eprom in socket, load tune, burn.
cheers mate, i just thought you needed to define a start point on the actual chip to burn the tune, dont mind me. probly gettin things mixed up.

to the other guy, i have been learning, ive been doin alot of reading on the thirdgen forums, for the past 4 weeks, ive read all the threads on here, and on street comm, but seeing as i didnt find any info on actually burning the chip, i thought i might ask anyway, ive set up some tunes my self, changed a few things more spark advance, slightly richer a/f up in the rev range etc...... but i also need to ask questions to learn things, ive made my memcal socket and got a few blank chips.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Dont worry rabid wait till spanners or greenfoam sees the thread he'll tell how to set the jumpers and what not

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ahh, didnt take notice before, youve got a 256 ic. ok, easiest way is, if you're using a vn/vp tune, just use tunerpro and stack the tune ontop of itself before you burn it. then just burn the whole file to the ic and you wont have to worry about offsets.

RabidDog_12345

Reaction score
ahh, didnt take notice before, youve got a 256 ic. ok, easiest way is, if you're using a vn/vp tune, just use tunerpro and stack the tune ontop of itself before you burn it. then just burn the whole file to the ic and you wont have to worry about offsets.
thanks for that buddy, thats what i ment:wax:. with the stacker in tuner pro. it says bin size 16kb, then chip size 32kb, should this be changed to 256?, also block size is 32kb.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok,you're lucky, i did this for someone else the other day(havent used a vn tune in like a year, vr manual tunes for me these days)

bin size 16kb
chip size 32kb
block size 16kb

choose your output file, then choose the same bin for both positions, click stack and that bits done. then using the burner program, open the bin you created and burn it.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What hacky said ^ :)

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
hehe ok in tuner pro

under tables and functions

Fuel map
F29H: Volumetric Efficiency (VE) as a function of MAP/PSI and RPM

Spark map
F1 SAMAIN: Main Spark Advance vs MAP and RPM

you said you wished to make it a bit richer up top? this would be the place to do it and make advance the spark a little to squeaze some more power out

but have you got your self all the definition files etc? also ive got some SV3800 tunes if you want to look at them, are you tuning a 6 or 8 aswell?