Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to program a eprom

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I dunno what thread you are reading man but when I read it he said he had allready changed the spark and fuel and just wanted to burn it :p

RabidDog_12345

Reaction score
well i got my burner done it all.. set jumpers, set dip switchs, got my IC, whacked it in... stacked my bin. it verifyed the chip fine, and said it was blank. i pressed program.. instant error that said error at 0x00000 then CHIP = 0x00 buffer = 0x23, then i do a blank check and it says chip is not emty, also do a verify and it comes up with the same error, whats the go

also i got a UV light that goes into a lamp, would this erase a chip?

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I dunno what went wrong man, but in these cases it's norally a bad connection, bad jumper setup or chip in upsidedown or something like that, everyone figures it out in the end, give it a day or two and you will be burning like a champ :) you need a uv light that makes you blind in about two instants to erase a eprom so I hope you don't have one in a lamp for your own sake :)

RabidDog_12345

Reaction score
I dunno what went wrong man, but in these cases it's norally a bad connection, bad jumper setup or chip in upsidedown or something like that, everyone figures it out in the end, give it a day or two and you will be burning like a champ :) you need a uv light that makes you blind in about two instants to erase a eprom so I hope you don't have one in a lamp for your own sake :)

i double checked the jumpers and if the chip was in upside down or not... it was all correct, must of been just one of those things.. not happy tho. gotta wait a week or 2 for my flashable ones to arrive so this was the only chip to work with:(. o well.. under programmer settings. it says check type should that be 16 bit add?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Opp oh yeah that's 16 bit add on mine

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
did I here someones burning a chip im here

you didnt read the chip did you i have some here that wont burn two i read with the willem never burnt again zapped you must have the burner connected and the software open before installing chip too this cooks them if you put them in first i dont have a willem with jumpers ive got LEDs and push button switches and the switch block so youll have to bare with me on the jumper settings.some memcals ive got off people never work must get the odd zapped one or people have opened them up and touched stuff.try not too touch the pins if you can help it i have a direct earth to a ground stake beside my pc so i can touch them no problems.what are you erasing with i tried allsorts of bulbs and now have an eraser that cost $30 nothing else will do really.

what did you have set for hardwhare up the top does it say pcb3 or willem

RabidDog_12345

Reaction score
did I here someones burning a chip im here

you didnt read the chip did you i have some here that wont burn two i read with the willem never burnt again zapped you must have the burner connected and the software open before installing chip too this cooks them if you put them in first i dont have a willem with jumpers ive got LEDs and push button switches and the switch block so youll have to bare with me on the jumper settings.some memcals ive got off people never work must get the odd zapped one or people have opened them up and touched stuff.try not too touch the pins if you can help it i have a direct earth to a ground stake beside my pc so i can touch them no problems.what are you erasing with i tried allsorts of bulbs and now have an eraser that cost $30 nothing else will do really.

what did you have set for hardwhare up the top does it say pcb3 or willem

its set on PCB3, i had the chip in there before i turned the burner on so maybe the chip dieded? also i never pressed read chip before i tryed to burn it.. where can i get a eraser from? none on ebay

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
its set on PCB3, i had the chip in there before i turned the burner on so maybe the chip dieded? also i never pressed read chip before i tryed to burn it..
I doubt that the chip died from that. I think it was on the willem forums I read that it might write to the chip (nothing specific) but said nothing about causing damage, and besides iv done it a few times and its still all good.

Secondly, you dont need to read before you write. I do sometimes just to check that all the settings are correct but as long as you get a valid ID, the chip passes the blank test and the correct data you want to write is in the buffer then it should be right.