Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove plastics wagon

vn88holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP/VR lexon wagon
hello how would i remove the plastics around the headlining and around side windows in the back of the vp wagon with out them cracking. cheers.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Practice at a wrecker? They are all held in with plastic clips, often with metal retainers over them. The only way to learn is trial and error.

You can buy trim removal sets from auto stores, which will allow you to prise the clips out more easily - but it's easier to show someone than it is to explain.

Just try to feel where something is being held on, and prise it away from a point as close to the clip as possible.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Just take your time as the plastic does get very brittle with age

I had to use bits from 4 different wagons at the wreckers the same colour to get a set that was intact and complete and a couple of the original bits in my wagz did break when I was removing them

Once it's changed over though it's well worth it, just wondering why Holden didn't use the same colour trim pieces throughout some of the cars though as mine was a real mismatch of colours until I was able to source trim all the same colour when I was updating the interior

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Dunno how to help, but it must be a sh1t of a job. The rear interior in my VN wags is shattered, top n bottom by prev. owner. :(