Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove VY boot

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
Just wondering how you go about remove and replacing a boot.

Got a new one coming, same as the old one. I no you remove the bolts, but wanted to no more about the electrics for the boot lock etc, how do you remove them?

cheers.
Just wondering how you go about remove and replacing a boot.

Got a new one coming, same as the old one. I no you remove the bolts, but wanted to no more about the electrics for the boot lock etc, how do you remove them?

cheers.
So I’m doing this now on my partners vy and looks like in the boot lid you have to remove 3 wiring clips and unscrew the earth wire from the boot lid then you can pull out the wiring harness through the hole on the boot that goes through from the arm on the boot itself then you have to remove the cable from the lock and pull that through aswell then you can remove the lid itself, the little button press thing (don’t know the name for it) I had to cut the 2 wires cause I couldn’t figure out how to remove that without breaking it but soldering two single wires back together is a lot easier then soldering the whole wiring harness back together

Hope this helps someone in the future that does see this thread

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I am concerned it’s taken 12years and three pages of discussion and only now has anyone with half a brain just used common sense.

Last edited:

1hotvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy 03 executive
I am concerned it’s taken three pages of discussion and only now has anyone with half a brain just used common sense.
did it the 1st time last night me and my old man were laughing at this whole thread idk where people got cutting wires when it's two clips a flat head got off easy as piss