Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Nolan Automovie Trimmings do foam backed material. I bought 4m's of good quality black material through a guy @ $30 per metre.

I tried this and although the foam to cardboard went fine when i tried the fabric to foam it turned to ****, so i took it to a Automotive Trimmer who is doing the whole job for $140. I wish i would of done this in the first place and at $30 a metre i am glad i did.

RB260C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
V6 Datsun 720, RB25DET Datsun 260c
Theres actually no need to put a layer of foam down first before the material. Just stick your material straight to the cardboard and youll get a much better result without all the dimples and wrinkles, providing you spread the glue evenly.

Kodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
does anyone else have pics of their attempts at this cause there's alota people sayin different ways but the way ppl done it an posted look pretty good and seem to hold from what i've read.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I did mine, sortof following this method. I got the proper material from an auto trimmer, this is a step i would recommend. I used sellys kwik grip - it was recommended to me by a friend. I installed VY sunnies holder between the visors at the same time... The photos in the below link are before i sprayed the sunnies holder/visors/handles/roof light black... A job which is currently half done.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1251554-post24.html

Image0128.jpg
Image0129.jpg

10pinbowler

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Commodore
ok so i just read through this article. have to do my roof lining in the vl within the next 2 weeks... and its a lot different. the lining goes in between the seals of the front and back window... i dont want to remove the 2 windows just to tuck the roof lining in... only thing i thought of was cutting the roof lining back to just before the window and glueing it in place. would this be ok or would i have problems in long term or is there any easier way that i havent found ?

Kodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
The photos in the below link are before i sprayed the sunnies holder/visors/handles/roof light black... A job which is currently half done.

where did you get the sunnies holder an the lights to be like that?

10 pin can u slide it out of one of the window trims? maybe try getting something in under the edge?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Where did i get the sunnies holder and the lights to be like that?

Ok let me split this up to make sense...
I got the sunnies holder off ebay - like $40
How i go them like that, look at my My Ride thread... The light in the middle of the roof is a VS calais light, but reversed.

Kodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
im doin this today, my roof was just the orange foam crap, person i got it off must of ripped the fabric out, but i got the roof out an started cleaning it with only accidently breaking one clip where the seat belts go but i barely moved it an broke the other one was hard to move an didnt break so i think i done ok with that. just got some startin pics ill take more as i do it, i still gotta get some fabric dunno what to get yet an glue then put it all back together again, will post pics for you guys later or tomorrow when its done.

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
lol aside Clark rubber who the hell sells foam? In Melbourne

I went to Spotlight, Bunnings and a few other places but to no avail.

Seriously as if none of these stores sell foam sigh. Clark rubber was closed so need to check it out later during the week but does anyone know where I can get it cheap? I'm going to assume Clark rubber expensive.

Kodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S
haha i really dont know of any other stores that would sell foam other than clark rubber? only other places would be places like spotlight an like u said, they dont.