Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
im after a tan coloured rooflining for my VP Calais, ive been to several motor trimmers and their suppliers but they say that the tan material that is now produced is different in colour by a big way to the original tan, does anyone who's replaced a tan lining have any advice and/or does anyone have a genuine one i could get off them

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Mate have you tried spotlight? They have a **** load of materials EXCEPT foam lol.

I got the foam from Clark rubber for anyone interested @ 5 dollars per meter. I got 3m so not bad.

I asked about sound deadening foam which blocked 60-80% of sound @ 2 sheets which are moderate in size 200+ I doned a lol when I heard the price. Looks no sound deadening for me.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
I've spent most of the arvo trying to get a roof lining out of me VN.....I remember the last time it was done the bloke took it out and put it back in through the passenger back door, but I'll be damned if I can remember how he did it now....can anyone help me pls

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Yes. It was a bloody bitch to get mine out as well without breaking the fragile cardboard.

Put the two front seats all the way forward and tilt/lean them all the way forward.

You then need to get the back of the roof on the back seats, from the rear right door move it on an angle towards the rear left door. Go back to the rear left door and slightly bend the roof and it should come out.

Just watch out for the edge of the roof getting caught in between seats and pillars.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
thanks...at the moment I have the bottom half of the rear seat out (no overkill here, had the seat out already), the front seats r laying back as far as they will go.......if the wind dies off tomorrow and the rain goes away I'll give it another go then

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Haha overkill! Don't lay the front seats backwards put them forwards. Or which ever works lol.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Or just do it like I did and replace all the seats at the same time. I had no problems getting the roof card out

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
might just be me....been windy as here today still so haven't even stepped outside yet

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Yeah when I took mine out it was windy as all hell.