Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

PsYko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
Took out my lining yesterday as it was sagging a fair bit (got it out through the front passengers side)

Cleaned brushed all the orange **** off the cardboard, removed the fabric from the cardboard and hand washed it. Hung it out to dry (wow I didn't notice how dirty it was before!)

I'm going to get some adhesive glue and stick it all back in today

:)

Great guide btw, thanks!

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
wow im gonna stick the hose in and wash my whole inside, easier then putting it in the machine.

(No really im joking)

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
just done mine in the ute this arvo, looks awesome now, ill get some pics tomorrow, but i just got some foam, 2 cans spray adhesive, and i used pebble microsuede fabric, almost same color as orig, but the suede adds a nice touch, ill have to see if its still in place in the mornin now lol.

mattbethvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive. v6 K&n,
did mine today it was not good but it will last till i can get the $ to get it done right.

rapt0rdizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Done mine on Sunday. some before and after shots...
100_2673.jpg

100_2672.jpg

100_2683.jpg

100_2684.jpg

all up $20

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
I have done a few of these so far and heres some tips i learnt along the way

use a hard brush, not wire, the hard plastic bristol ones to clean old foam off, make the job a hell of alot easier

be gentle with the foam back fabric as it kind of marks easy

dont use spray contact, from my experience its not strong enough, especially in hot weather, use some good glue, my best results were acheived with brushing the thick stuff on, but work quick and not in the sun, dries up quick, start glueing from the inside and work your way out, finish up with the edges

remove the roof board through the front passenger door with seats all the way back, might need to move auto shifter back to 1st to manouver in and out also

make sure the material goes around the roof board at the front and side near front as this can be seen when reinstalled and looks dodgy if cut, every where else can be cut around edges with stanley knife

wish i knew these things when i done my first one, would have made things easier and produced better results.

some useful info for ya's :)

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
also theres a place in Melbourne called nolans where they have the propper fabrics and all the colours and cost about $35 for fabric to do the roof, although i have used the cheap stuff from spotlight, i wouldnt use anything but the original stuff now, ask for Nick, he will look after ya.

rapt0rdizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
damn u couldnt've posted this like 2 weeks ago!!???

nah really good info.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
so the vinyl dye actually DYES the vinyl as opposed to being just a paint that sticks and eventually splits and looks awful???