Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to show and read error codes vs II

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
i am pretty much a newby, can some explain how I get my car to show up error codes etc what the various codes are for, and what to do after a prob has been fixed or diagnosed..

cheers for any help

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
under dash on the drivers side, at the bottom of the plastic steering collum(do not have to remove).there is a port that looks like something off the back of ya computer. get a paper clip, straighten it out, bend it in half n plug them into the 5th and 6th pin holes.. there are 2 rows of about 10-12 pins holes or so, so u count left to right across the top row (off memory 5 and 6 both have small silver metal contacts that u can see )

once its in get a pen and paper depending on how bad ya car is . put key in turn ignition lights on (not the engine) and engin light will start to flash a series of flashes :unsure:

it flashes 2 series of numbers to get 1 number eg.

flash..........flash..flash..
10 + 1 + 1 =12

flash..flash..........flash..flash
10 + 10 1 + 1 =22
each number will flash through a few times so just wait a bit and watch. im sure thats all there is to it ..plug it in.. turn ignition on...count series of flashes. :hit: