Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

H.I.M666

Rockstar23987
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR Acclaim Version 2
trust me theres alot more cars then you really know about

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
I know the car your speaking of, its a Volvo S40.

i think they have it just because no one would think of it, my last car was a 240 (didnt get it by choice), despite everytihng u hear the engine actually had some guts with modifications u can get more out of it, i have my VR serviced by the same people who did my 240 (a place that specializes in volvos, and also cos im lazy and they are down the road and nice guys). when i mentioned to them seeing it, they reckoned it would be a stupid idea for a pursuit or general use car, all its good for is the surprise.

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
There usually the ones riding super low on the drivers side:p

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
way back from job interview today was traveling lower northeast road, lots of traffic, and someone in front of us was going way under the speed limit.. few cars got impatient dangerously overtookthe cars in front to get around what was then into view, what looked like a new model volvo... instant thought comes to mind.... 'volvo driver?'... it looked a bit wierd, most cars over taking it, was wondering why it had two antennas....

got within 1 car of it, the car in front of me was a new ford, driver gets really impatient, revs, tries to get an opening to over take it, the car keeps cutting him off, he seems to get really pissed off and finally managed to over take him get to portrush rd, ford turns off, the volvo looking car turns after it, lights up, sirens go on speeds after him and pulls him over.....

if the cops have a undercover volvo (pretty sure it was one)... they are getting pretty cunning...

Years ago Dandenong TOG had an 850 Turbo or similiar unmarked car

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
tricky bastards in parramatta are now using ve ss commys but with chevy badges. Car looks so clean, never think its a cop

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
bump: some new pics of sneaky cars

post-146960-1242771809831583967.jpg

post-147824-12376473931475537175.jpg

post-142219-1236919232282182014.jpg

post-1912-11531085881387521057.jpg

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
from that pic alone i would have never picked the aurion.

i have to say im loving not being picked on as much in my vr, tuesday I needed to drive thru the holden hill suburb, TONS of unmarked cars everywhere..... must have been getting ready for a raid or something.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Damn, i wouldn't have picked the GTi.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
All scream obvious cops to me.

The ones in SA are even easier. They all have aftermarket foglights fitted below the numberplate (about 30cm apart, not in the stock 'holes')

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
these cops man they will do anything to pull us over like seriously i was driving didnt see the stop sign behinde a tree/bush and i keept going and then BANG and im like ahh come on buddie i didnt even see it and its like almost impossible to see..geez

because that really works when you hit a child...

ohh **** officer i didnt see him cmon man let me off... it's almost impossible to see them when they are that small!
shouldnt be breaking the law... and in reality it wont matter if your P plater L plater or full license unless you draw the attention TO YOURSELF they dont notice...

* ways to tell if you draw attention *

speeding
loud cars
big rims
loud sound systems
a car that is dumped on it's arse
or in the case above... running through a stop sign
and a few others... but this is all for now.

in that oe with the vdub... is it the dub that's the cop or the police bike in the left of image...i think i see lights in the grille but i'm not sure...

EDIT: oo and the AFP have been doing it for years, a while back in canberra, there was a club that was notorius for burnouts and alike, some afp members got into the club and went on a journey, and a full scale raid was conducted getting almost everyone there for burnouts speeding and allsorts.

the afp members all had monaro's that were done up. nice cars.

Last edited: