Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to tell which engine came out of what car?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
In the mean in time while I’ve got peoples attention. Is the VY and VZ V6 coolant reservoir tank the same? My mates wrecking a VZ wagon and I was hoping it would be the same as a VY Coolant reservoir tank. Also, is the cruise control module the same for VY V6 and V8’S? I know I sound like an idiot lol just wanting to save where I can! Thanks everyone I appreciate the help.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I own a VY sedan and a VZ wagon, but they're not where I am right now. I'll try and remember to take a look at the reservoir and let you know tomorrow.
And no, the cruise control module for a VY V6 is not the same as the one for a V8. V6 and V8 engines control the speed of the car differently, so the cruise control has to function differently to do its job.

Last edited:

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
I own a VY sedan and a VZ wagon, but they're not where I am right now. I'll try and remember to take a look at the reservoir and let you know tomorrow.
And no, the cruise control module for a VY V6 is not the same as the one for a V8. V6 and V8 engines control the speed of the car differently, so the cruise control has to function differently to do its job.
Oh ok sweet thanks mate