Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] HOW TO - VT-VY S1 Foglight install

Dylan-Otoole

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 black holden VYII storm
Hi guys i my vy didnt clme with the foglights in it so the foglight sockets have these cap sort of things instead does anyone know how to get them out i just feel like im going to snap my front bumper off so thought id ask and can someone tell me where the loom might be hiden in my car unless it doesnt have one because i cant seem to find it

Dev8or

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lots
Hey guys,
Was installing my fog lights following all instructions and they won't turn on and the dash light won't illuminate either, it turns my traction control dash globe on and off which is very confusing and annoying, I have replaced both globes in the fog lights and replaced the t5 globe in the dash cluster, all parts are factory and there is no aftermarket parts. Hoping somebody can shed some LIGHT on my situation (mind the little pun there haha) any info would be great thanks fellas
Hi, I know this is from awhile ago but did you solve the issue? I have exactly the same problem and its driving me nuts.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I did this a long time ago to my VY S. I just flicked out the old light switch and replaced it with one with the pull function to activate the fog lights unclipped the black faux vents (from memory the clips holding them can be released from behind the bumper) and fitted up the genuine lights which plugged straight into the vacant plugs behind the bumper. It's actually much easier to just take the bumper off to fit the lights.

I don't remember fitting the fog lamp relay but I guess I did.

I never fitted the fog lamp bulb in the dash cluster, didn't know about that and will look into fitting that bulb.