Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How would I fit a trans cooler in my vx l67?

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore executive l67
Hey guys sorry for my post, I've tried searching for what I'm asking but no one has has the right answer, thinking about getting a transmission oil cooler for my vx l67, I got an aftermarket radiator with the 4 cooler holes, where would the oil cooler hoses go, if you have any photos or proper diagrams that would be much appreciated as there no proper info on how to install them

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Mine, VX SS auto, is plumbed in after the radiator, works a treat keeping trans temps in check

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure if he plumbs in pre of post radiator, but, I plumbed in after the fluid goes through the radiator

I seen that video but I don't know what he really did, plus vy is different to my vx, so not sure if that is different or not

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Go to your local wreckers and find a Commodore with the factory external cooler fitted and get the bits you need and you can see exactly how it's plumbed up at the same time.

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so my next question is what side is the return side left or right? Also is it better to just not run it with the radiator? And just bypass it but only running the cooler

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go to your local wreckers and find a Commodore with the factory external cooler fitted and get the bits you need and you can see exactly how it's plumbed up at the same time.
Yeah good point dude I'll Sus it out