Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HP estimate?

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Street Machine mag did a 253 build up about 10 years ago, chasing 350 HP and got it quite easily without going mental with cash or mad compression etc. They did offset grind the crank though for more throw. It might be worth googling "street machine 253 build" or "little league 253" or phoning Dandenong Crankshaft reconditioners or regrinders I think they were called, as they did the build and probably still have all the specs.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Ari, ok cool thanks for that. Still deciding on what to do? Buy a 308 or do the 253 up?....... ARI, I've got a question for you, My cousins vh brock hasn't been start for about 4.5yrs, the carby is not running probly we are going to put a kit into it, running real rough, and it's blowing out dark black smoke from the exhaust. Do you reckon just give it a GOOD services, and do the timing? Cheers Jason

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Warranty void, I remember that, something like 377hp or something like that! I might have look into that....Cheers

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
My cousins vh brock hasn't been start for about 4.5yrs,

my impala hadnt been started in 14 years (so i was told). tipped some fuel down the neck of the carby new battery and fired on about the 3rd crank :D ran like poop tho. changed plugs, cap and rotor. and ran much better. to this day i still have not touched the bottom end, just cleaned it all up, changed cam and lifters, intake and carby and it runs like a dream.

i guess itll depend on how much water has been sitting in the bores.

have a read though here: https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...odify-quadrajets-also-vac-hose-diagram.121828 i tried to cover pretty much everything. if you wanna rebuild the carby on it, it should help you muchly.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
thanks man for your help, will going back to melb on monday to finish of what we started....cheers Jason

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
I had a search around and found the article on another forum...
"http://www.#################/ases/4.0.5_L4306df7/holden-v8s/27126-little-league-article.html"
Hope this helps mate!

OK I've tried 3 times to put the link in and each time the address turns into ########
This is pissing me off beyond belief.

Last edited:

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
A
U
S
S
I