Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HP tuning on these models

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Unfortunately there are good tuners and bad.

As I've already stated, the hours of work typically has been done already. Upload is quick, few hits on the dyno and test drive. If the results are typical, job done.

If you have a unique custom intake and exhaust, you'll need a unique VE table to suite.

If yours has the same parts as the 50 odd ve V6 commodores that rolled through before it... There's marginal differences.

Also, if you get a tune in summer, you'll need a touch up in winter. Take it to a different tuner in winter and they'll tell you whoever did it last was way off. Yeah no sht, the air characteristics 6 months ago were also way off what they will be on the day. Maybe the valves have 3% more carbon buildup, MAFs got 5% more junk on it, wiring has deteriorated another 2%.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Thanks guys awesome replies

I'm doing it because I simply need to disable E85 fuel flex sensor in my 2014 ecu with a 2014 lfx motor....the car is a 2011 Calais but has the upgraded motor in it

The ecu thinks I have a fuel flex sensor on the 2011 Calais which I don't...and I need to tell the ecu that....I'm getting bad fuel surging grinding when going up hills under load

The auto electrician quoted me $700 to do this one thing

I did software engineering at uni so I'm sure I can work it out but am just new to it all

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Does it have wiring provisions to add the flex fuel..... Better to be able to run ethanol than not?

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Does it have wiring provisions to add the flex fuel..... Better to be able to run ethanol than not?
When I got the code, I simply thought ok I'll just buy a new fuel flex sensor...

Got under the car, and saw err hang on there's no fuel flex sensor even on this car

Yes that's is an option, to just add a fuel flex sensor and enable e85...but guess what....that will need to be tuned in after I believe???

So $700+ for that tune too grr

I need to talk to someone in Adelaide who does lfx conversions and see how they dealt with the fuel flex issue

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not sure why anyone would remove a flex sensor when swapping an engine as it can just stay in the line and not be used, or was it full vehicle looms and tank also ? what code does it show ?

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
This 2011 LLT never had a fuel flex sensor

But This car now has a 2014 lfx and ecu put in it....so now the vf ecu is saying hey "error on the fuel flex sensor" as there's no signal....cos there ain't no fuel flex sensor ever

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
surely if u got a flex sensor for it then just find the wires in the ecu loom and wire it up even if its not in the fuel system it will just read zero ethanol all the time and stop the error

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
surely if u got a flex sensor for it then just find the wires in the ecu loom and wire it up even if its not in the fuel system it will just read zero ethanol all the time and stop the error
Great idea...will get back under it and see if I can resemble anything that will plug the sensor in