Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HRT 427

Do you think it's wise to can HSV/HRT 427 Supercar?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
RebelSS said:
The 427 is not dead.

In the Staes the latest Corvette has came out with the LS7, being a 427.

It develops 505hp, equivalent to 377kW.

Before you know it, HSV's will be comming out with these.

Yeah most likely in the new GTS... Unless they decide to use the LS9 which would be absolutely awesome...

But the actual HRT 427 didnt use the LS7 engine.. And it was an awesome car.

MBS206

Reaction score
The 427 can a modified Corvette C5R engine, the exact same engine that ran in the 24hour Bathurst race badged the 427.

The car was going to be retailed for $215 000, and only 200 were being built, all 200 were "bought" with deposits laid, even before the car was fully finished.
Unfortunately, due to most of the interest being by those wanting the car as a road car, and HSV/HRT initially building it as a track ready car, the idea was decided to be killed off.
There WERE 15 of these machines built, of which, were shipped out to the UK IIRC.

If you're wondering how I know all of this. Friends of our family are VERY well off, and had paid a $20 000 deposit when they saw the car at the Sydney motor show. The exact same place they bought there last car, the number 003 VT Monaro...
Since the car was canned, HSV/HRT gave them a full refund, and as a "sorry" package, flew them to Bathurst for that year, and put them up in the HSV box.

It is for this reason I voted that HSV/HRT made a FU'CK UP by not producing it. I would have LOVED to have been able to touch/feel one of these fine beauties!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i heard on this forum somewhere that the bonnet was carbon fibre and wouldn't crumple properly in a crash, it more slid through the window and well yeah...dunno if its true or not, might have just been an early problem.