Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yeah, early Gen-F Tourers (wagons) were available in manual form, they were LS3 cars, 325kW (or 340kW - there was an option, can’t recall exactly what was included). Gen-F MY2015 saw the manuals quietly dropped, must not have sold enough of them to continue. MY2016 (sold from late 2015) was the start of Gen-F2 & all Tourers were LSA from then.
So manual R8 Tourers especially Gen F2 are quite rare?

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I, along with many others, would suggest Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
+1 , although I had Dunlop Sport Maxx on my car as I got them at a good price 4S were recommended to my by the tyre shop as well as number of others including on this forum.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So manual R8 Tourers especially Gen F2 are quite rare?
You couldn't buy a Gen-F2 one from HSV as a normal customer, and it wasn't a product they officially offered. They did used to do favours for people who'd spent bulk money with them over the years though, so someone who'd been (for example) buying a new HSV every year for 20 years could probably have bought one built by HSV for something like a $30k premium; either that, or pay similar to get a new auto one converted to a manual one (probably something a good HSV dealer could have managed).

I've never seen one for sale.

Gen-F I think I've only ever seen 2 ... the one you posted makes it 3. :)

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
what is WRT?

With respect to

And +2 on the pilot sport 4s. Have them on my 470rwkw LSA Clubbie and they hold the power surprising well. Obviously slip through 1st and 2nd but top end of 3rd they grip up.

Down side to the VF HSV is they are a bit of a tank. HSV did a good job at the handling and stopping but if things get a bit hairy it's weight shows itself and the symptom is a flinching donut pucka

Last edited:

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You couldn't buy a Gen-F2 one from HSV as a normal customer, and it wasn't a product they officially offered. They did used to do favours for people who'd spent bulk money with them over the years though, so someone who'd been (for example) buying a new HSV every year for 20 years could probably have bought one built by HSV for something like a $30k premium; either that, or pay similar to get a new auto one converted to a manual one (probably something a good HSV dealer could have managed).

I've never seen one for sale.

Gen-F I think I've only ever seen 2 ... the one you posted makes it 3. :)
Would they hold value more due to scarcity of them

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Posted the whole set in another thread, but saw this at the weekend which was relevant here.

Gen F2 Wagon with an LSA. Special order?

abfXgZL.jpg
Nice colour . Like the photo aswell