Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Advice

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Another silly question, how much head-room do you lose with a factory sunroof?
To add to Anthony’s post...

If you’re a duck (short) then any loss in headroom shouldn’t be an issue, neither would a little water down your back as it just rolls off :p:p:p

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
If you’re a duck (short) then any loss in headroom shouldn’t be an issue
Yeah, I'm 6'4" and usually need all the headroom I can get!

(Hence the query.)

Andrew

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Dagnabbit, I want to read the poast where @perkz says the new Clubsport R8 Tourer LSA has just been purchased!
Where is that poast?! :)

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Dagnabbit, I want to read the poast where @perkz says the new Clubsport R8 Tourer LSA has just been purchased!
Where is that poast?! :)

Is looking like more than likely to be very soon ;) . Definitely going to be an LSA with a Manual Transmission cause i'd rather buy once cry once , Just waiting for final figures on Insurance GST and the right one whether I have included transportation on top . But this is one of the clubbies I have my eyes on . and have an on a couple of GTS on my radar at the moment as well . Had squizz in a Tourer thought they mint for how underrated they are so definitely on my radar but only cons is rare to find in manual so might take hit with it being a Auto but either will be keeping it for a long time

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd buy a manual, this purchase should prioritise funs over ultimate fasts! :)
And of course that means no LSA Tourer (unless you want to build a manual one yourself - HSV never did).

perkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I'd buy a manual, this purchase should prioritise funs over ultimate fasts! :)
And of course that means no LSA Tourer (unless you want to build a manual one yourself - HSV never did).
No to bad of an idea in hindsight but the HSV purists out there would seave through their teeth about that happening :) . But if I was mega rich I would say ... Porque no los dos!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think the wagon is about 100kg heavier than the sedan, in a car that’s heavy in the first place it’s not that noticeable BUT it’s probably not worth going out of your way to make one unless you’re as obtuse as I am or you have a need for the load-carrying capacity (my mum’s moving - it’s been really useful this last couple of weeks!).

But having said that ... there are enough HSV owners around who’ve happily fitted stuff like Walkinshaw kits, that I don’t think you’d shoot your resale in the foot by making yourself a Gen-F2 manual wagon. Well, except for the actual cost of doing it; not just getting hold of the parts but all the re-programming of modules which expect an auto ‘box.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Wat? Was that a Strayan ad? They actually flew Danny Trejo out to Straya for an Old El Paso ad?