Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hsv clubsport r8 rear diff BROKEN

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
For that money buy a Eaton tru trac, pinion and CW gears, new bearings and seals shimms and high tensile crown wheel bolts, and you wont break that anytime soon, provided you have a mechanic thats competent over there buddy.

And if you changed the Ratio to a taller set (2.87:1 etc) you will lose some get up and go from stop signs etc.. but will use less fuel on long trips because the revs are lower.

sasmsdmas

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv clubsport
I just disassembled the rear Differential and found out one of the L.S.D.'s tooth boroke
So yeah it's time for a new one
Jhp time!!

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
Speaking of which, I noticed JHP have HSV shot peened diffs in the box for 2 grand. This is quite a bit cheaper from some of the other places selling tru-trac upgrades for ~3500... does anyone know how much stronger the HSV shot peened diffs are in comparison to the standard SS diffs?

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Autos need recalibrations, manuals don't. OP has a 3;73 so he has a manual.
I just went from 2.92 to 3.45 in my 07 SS Auto and it didn't change my speedo at all, is there a difference between series 1 and 11 does anyone know?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yes, my speedo is 2km out i.e speedo says 100, actual GPS is 98

Then you're good to go, don't worry about it. Any differences the effect that between S1 and S2 (or even car to car) will be at ECU level.