Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV favourite lives on

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Someones always gonna have a faster car mate. Thats just the way it is.

93vpcalais

look bro, like someone else said, if u all u wanted 2 do was drag and beat evrything on 4 wheels then u shoulda gone out and bought a **** heap old little jap car that weighs **** all, stripped it, dumped an insane engine in it turboed it, modded the **** out of it and then go an see who beats you in a drag?? jeez if you had 80 or whatever grand to spend i think you wouldve been able to manage something reasonably fast!

H

HSV1992

All I can say is "who cares that ya GTO dosen't beat most turbo cars", ever thought that a turbo has already spooled up on a rolling run!
I love the GTO's and if you can't appreciate the car, then you don't deserve to have a HSV

J

J4M13

I had a WRX with just an exhaust and more boost, beat a few GenIII's of the lights,just, but out on the open road when it runs out of legs a GTO would ease away from it,put a 100 shot of NOS on your GTO that'll help.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I ownly just bought a Holden VT SS 5.7L and I am happy. Let alone a Monaro.
Let those rice boys who cook their baked rice in their exhaust on their way home have their fun. While every couple of years or less when they have to keep replacing head gaskets or getting the heads fixed up where they have burnt their valves out from not knowing their fuel was running too lean or redoing engines all together.
Unlike your Monaro you can just keep going and going.
Turboed cars are like atheletes on steriods, their boost has to run out sometime or either that, have a heart attack. Unlike a true athelete can just keep powering on.

I would rather own a Monaro and get beaten by a turbo then own one. Trust me those rice turbo cars would have to be high maintainance.

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
*cough* points at twin turbo LS1 kits *cough*

S

stew7700

minux said:
My suggestion, cam, edit, OTRCAI and exhaust
Second that, and add diff gears, try that for starters and go from there. You will know about it if you do those mods.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Cubby said:
I bought a Monaro GT Coupe about a year ago. I was very happy with my purchase until I started dragging people. I smash other Commodores but whenever I go against a turbo they nearly ALWAYS beat me and too often they absolutely demolish me by like 5 cars. At first I thought, O.K I'm not used to driving it. But then after having it for a year now I can honestly say I can launch it as hard as it will go and I have beaten ohter GT Coupes aswell so I know I'm good. It's really pretty easy after you get the hang of it anyway cause after all, it is an auto. But I'm giving serious thought to selling it now and getting something that'll actually be UNBEATABLE! I've put on aftermarket **** on my GT aswell [too much to mention] and I still get hammered by turbos [not all!! But the one's that are worked hard smash me]. I am seriously thinking of changing my religion. I have loved Holdens all my life but now I'm starting to think they are nothing more than 'slow family cars' as my brother says.

If you want it to move off the line then change the diff ratio.
Bolt on a supercharger and your away.

But at the end of the day get over yourself and half a good think about it.
you can continue to spend all the money you want and by rice burning turbo cars but even then there will be someone, somewhere that would kick your ass in a drag.

just face it. enjoy what you got and dont try and be number 1 on the street coz you wont. (not unless you got $1m to spend)
but it seems your a fence sitter and your already heading towards the :rice: club

H

hbay

It`s the pleasure of the drive not wheither you can kick butt every time you go out. Just sit back at 160 and enjoy the ride you won't get that in a rice burner with out the ear muffs.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
exactley, they are rice cookers. take the turbo off them and they got nothing, yours doesnt come with one cos it doesnt need it, its a V8 not a 4cyl, but put the turbo back on the rice burna and put a supercharger on yours (not turbo because of the lag with big capacity) and you will **** all over their car.
or twin turbo...$$$
check out CAPA http://www.capa.com.au/
youll thrash most rice boys if you bolt on a huffa