Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV l.e.d tail lamps installed , quick question

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Probably ... maybe just go visit a SuperCheap, ask the 12yo and see what it says on the box?

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
prefer to know what I'm after then to be asking children . more or less buy online if i can , just need to know whats recommend to purchase

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
prefer to know what I'm after then to be asking children . more or less buy online if i can , just need to know whats recommend to purchase

Could be worse, you could ask a woman like the one that stuffed me up at Supercheap two days ago. Its just as well I didn't believe her over the phone and drove there after our phone conversation to prove that she was wrong.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fitted my after market LEDs yesterday and I took note that the LED light that fit on the boot had 19 Ohm 10 Watt resistors on them but I forgot to check the main LED lights (they would have to be different values) being the one on the quarter panel. Anyhow after testing the car I had no alarms come up on the dash that the rear lights have failed.
I had a very good look how that are fitted across the Positive and Negative and its very easy to do. Pity I did not take a photo of them I just forgot after the other issues I found with these ebay LED after market LED's for VF commodore's.

I will take a photo of the rear of the tail lamp today through the battery hole and see if you can see it. Also I will take a photo of the boot LED's as I have to remove the trim on the boot as I'm not happy with one of the LED lamps alignment.

Put the pics later today or tomorrow morning

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here are two photo's
The one that has the Gold looking resistor is the Boot lamps. The other is the quarter panel lamps. The Boot LED lamp has a 19 ohm 10 watt resistor (look at label) but like I said in my other post I forgot to look at that FAT BLACK rectangle looking resistor in the other photo (quarter panel LED light.

Boot Lamp

Quarter Panel lamp. Look a the Black rectangle looking resistor.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
thanks for the photos . so 10 watt 29 ohm i see , for the boot inserts . how is that wired on one wire or is it to both

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the photos . so 10 watt 29 ohm i see , for the boot inserts . how is that wired on one wire or is it to both
Mate its best you leave this to someone that has electrical experience otherwise if you short the positive to earth you could blow up more than a fuse.
This is no guess work You need to know via the use of a multi meter the current drawn per each light (4 off the standard lights) then after installing the 4 LED lights you do the same test you then have to calculate the resistance to be used so it draws the exact current as what the standard lights do. For me the use of a decade box or something similar with a connected current multi meter is one of the only way to do it to know exactly what resistance is needed for the quarter panel and boot lights.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
indeed correct , i figured if i could get the information as to how , i could do it myself . but yes that sure does sound confusing .

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
indeed correct , i figured if i could get the information as to how , i could do it myself . but yes that sure does sound confusing .
Its all mathematics my friend. No guess work otherwise you will have issues