Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV send off Gen F

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Anyone here placed an order for a normal GTS-R? Been told the the GTS is being fazed out in April and that the GTS-R will be left until Oct, but have also been told the numbers will be limited. Wasnt planning on ordering one til mid year for an Sept/Oct delivery, pricing ive been given is 111k for a manual or 114k for an auto.
is that drive away for a gts??

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I know someone that's just ordered a GTS-R W1, and he's been convinced by the dealer to buy the vile spitfire green, as he's been told it will be worth more down the track.. I can't see this being a popular colour,

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
It's really just sticker pack differences between 30th GTS and Gen F/F2. GTS R is the point of difference against those three (you could actually include the 30th Senator and R8 as similar too now that they have torque vectoring standard and 6 pot brake as option).
A Gen F GTS for ~$60k territory is incredible bang for buck buying at the moment.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I know someone that's just ordered a GTS-R W1, and he's been convinced by the dealer to buy the vile spitfire green, as he's been told it will be worth more down the track.. I can't see this being a popular colour,
You really post a lot of unnecessarily negative comments. Spitfire Green is a standout colour whether you like it or not and the HSV pics of the GTSR look fantastic and suit the style of car. Just like silver suits a Camry

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You really post a lot of unnecessarily negative comments. Spitfire Green is a standout colour whether you like it or not and the HSV pics of the GTSR look fantastic and suit the style of car. Just like silver suits a Camry
Yeah. It's a social media thing. People's personal opinions are thrust down the unknown readers throats as fact.
Personally I'd loose my load over a W1 in baby **** brown with pink polka dots if someone was to give me one.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
I am with you 426Cuda, it doesn't matter what other people think about a colour of a car you are buying as long as you are happy. Personally I would take any colour if I have a chance to buy a GTS W1. Besides I like all the colours HSV have in the range. Including Spitfire

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
A lot of people said the same things about the original yellow GTSR, now it's iconic.

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
It's really just sticker pack differences between 30th GTS and Gen F/F2. GTS R is the point of difference against those three (you could actually include the 30th Senator and R8 as similar too now that they have torque vectoring standard and 6 pot brake as option).
A Gen F GTS for ~$60k territory is incredible bang for buck buying at the moment.

agree being looking at carsales and GEN-F GTS at dealers with between 30-40,000kms are going between 60-65k.Thats not to bad.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline

Apologies. I hadn't realized posting an opinion that doesn't agree with yours is an "unnecessarily negative comment".Would you prefer the forum be a jerk fest where everyone agrees sits around singing Kumbaya ?

Anyway, it's a polarizing colour, and in my "opinion", taking away the fact it's on a limited edition car, it's going to be a hard colour to sell down the track. Anyway, it seems to float your boat so that's all that matters ;)

Last edited: