Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV unveils E2 range

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I wonder if they will have a "VV" commodore, wouldn't be a good name though.

Also the 3 spoked or whatever rims they have are ugly.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Ok I think I am the only person on the forum or in Australia rather that actually likes this car lol.

Personally like I said before I like it, but I am only 18 so I don't mind a car with parts here and there and looking very showy. but on the other hand I am not in the age bracket these things were made for. how many teenagers purchase a 80-90 thousand dollar car?? none exactly. so I think HSV have made the mistake of making it looking a little over the top for the age group these things are amid at.

I think we should have another thread, but this time with a tally so we know if you like it or not and what age bracket you fall into.

Just made up a poll, vote here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/112485-hsv-e2-voting-thread.html#post1283155

Last edited:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Ok I think I am the only person on the forum or in Australia rather that actually likes this car lol.

Personally like I said before I like it, but I am only 18 so I don't mind a car with parts here and there and looking very showy. but on the other hand I am not in the age bracket these things were made for. how many teenagers purchase a 80-90 thousand dollar car?? none exactly. so I think HSV have made the mistake of making it looking a little over the top for the age group these things are amid at.

I think we should have another thread, but this time with a tally so we know if you like it or not and what age bracket you fall into.

Just made up a poll, vote here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/112485-hsv-e2-voting-thread.html#post1283155

I'm not sure age has anything to do with it. This morning I woke up to a message from an 18 year old mate of mine:
"Holy ****, have you seen the new HSVs? Someone kill it with fire. Go have a laugh at hsv.com"

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The Plymouth superbird looks amazing, compared to that steaming pile of miss-match.

Yes it sure does now, but I wonder what people thought about it back in the day :)

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Jeez thats ugly.

HSV should realise that the only manufacturers that can pull off the tough sedan look is Audi and Merc.

At least the GTS has more power than the other models, but still underpowered for a 6+ litre V8.

I still reckon the last good looking HSV's were the VS range.

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
Hmm. I like it less the more I see of it. That said:

It's fixable. Throw the rear bumper away, yoink off the LED strips, and fix those weird black plastic bits above each nostril (put it back like it was on the original E - it can stay black, that's cool with me). The new bumper shape which merges into the wheel arches can stay, as can the new nostrils. The bonnet vents should be an option, IMO, they're a bit too much.

Do all that, and you'll have a car which look....a lot like the old E series, but hey, they looked great.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Hmm. I like it less the more I see of it. That said:

It's fixable. Throw the rear bumper away, yoink off the LED strips, and fix those weird black plastic bits above each nostril (put it back like it was on the original E - it can stay black, that's cool with me). The new bumper shape which merges into the wheel arches can stay, as can the new nostrils. The bonnet vents should be an option, IMO, they're a bit too much.

Do all that, and you'll have a car which look....a lot like the old E series, but hey, they looked great.

If they did that, people would complain that theres nothing special about the series 2 and there just like the first series.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
This is on the ls1 and ford forums:p
kf1g6d.gif

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
As usual, very overpriced and ungainly styling. New HSVs do get 10 out of 10 for massive depreciation though.