Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HT Monaro for sale

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
they did say in the video the car was repaired after the crash?
Yea, it's like Trigger's broom on "Only Fools and Horses"

The historical value is that it was the very first factory-built race car to bear a Holden badge and if it hadn't had the crash, it wouldn't have been taken to bits examined and rebuilt, leading to changes that created the beginning of the 5-decade great Holden vs Ford battle. Up until then production car racing was between Mini Coopers and Ford Cortina Lotus with the Ford Mustang just beginning to become a competitor. Holdens couldn't even beat the minis until the Monaro came along.

Check this out:
Sydney, in the wet 1969. Mustang, Monaro (DNF), Cortinas, Minis (and I think I spotted an EH being lapped). Check out the body roll on the 'stang.

Bathurst, dry 1969. Heaps of mad kunts driving whatever they could get their hands on, turning the mountain into a car park. Pit crew wielding club hammers.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yeah, I know. Some of the stories of the HDT build Toranas makes you wonder how Bond and Brock survived.
Unlike today's just screw another fibreglass panel onto a roll cage.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yea, it's like Trigger's broom on "Only Fools and Horses"

The historical value is that it was the very first factory-built race car to bear a Holden badge and if it hadn't had the crash, it wouldn't have been taken to bits examined and rebuilt, leading to changes that created the beginning of the 5-decade great Holden vs Ford battle. Up until then production car racing was between Mini Coopers and Ford Cortina Lotus with the Ford Mustang just beginning to become a competitor. Holdens couldn't even beat the minis until the Monaro came along.

I think that Supercars have a big cloud over them at the moment. Touring Car Masters seem to be the current crowd pleaser
Those old cars may be slow compared to today's cars, but it was entertaining, noisy and exiting. But, you had to be there then to appreciate what I am on about.
Perhaps a 'back to the future' approach with 2020 production cars of all types can be revived.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think that Supercars have a big cloud over them at the moment. Touring Car Masters seem to be the current crowd pleaser
Those old cars may be slow compared to today's cars, but it was entertaining, noisy and exiting. But, you had to be there then to appreciate what I am on about.
Perhaps a 'back to the future' approach with 2020 production cars of all types can be revived.

It will be interesting the supercar situation at the moment.....With V8's becoming less popular and Holden no longer existing.....Time will tell how that goes.

Touring car masters....Yes they are a crowd pleaser...Love them myself...However they seem to be moving along the line of supercars....Parity and money...One is quicker than the rest, slow it down....It did start out as a fairly economical form of motor sport (well, in the grand scheme of things) and now it is spirialling out of control.....They are spending big, changing the original format of them being fairly much like they were when they were first released, to now being more modernised with equipment....Bit of a let down in my books

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

TCM is my favourite category for sure. One thing to keep in mind is other than the body, not much is historic. Probably resto mod is the best way of describing them.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Up to $262k now... Less than a day to go

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride