Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HZ Premier Wagon

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
The front ends are pretty simple, a little bit if hard work in there. If your after a front end build kit, look up kingswood country on eBay, I can't recommend them enough.

My old man had a gun metal grey hz prem wagon with statesman trim and wb caprice wheels with a 253. I used to think that thing was awesome.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Don't ruin a good story with the truth.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i love the dude from kingswood country. such a fkn hoarder. i swear he doesnt wanna sell you stuff. convos go like "got any AM radios?" .. "yeah i think so id have to have a look" ..."ok...(pause) ...... (pause) ..... could you go have a look?"

then he'd bring one out and you'd ask how much, he'd put it on the table and change the fkn subject!!!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
The front ends are pretty simple, a little bit if hard work in there. If your after a front end build kit, look up kingswood country on eBay, I can't recommend them enough.

My old man had a gun metal grey hz prem wagon with statesman trim and wb caprice wheels with a 253. I used to think that thing was awesome.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

I Believe nlathane makes most of the parts brand new for the front end including wishbones aswell, just something to keep in mind

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
They do, and I've heard rubber upper control arm bushes and nolothane lower control arm bushes together give you the best feel. I can't tell you, I just stuck with rubber on the front.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
They do, and I've heard rubber upper control arm bushes and nolothane lower control arm bushes together give you the best feel. I can't tell you, I just stuck with rubber on the front.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

There's a common misconception with nolathane where everyone thinks that all bushes are the same type of nolathane.

bushes are actually made in different strengths and rigidities by nolathane so you'll find body bushes and weight bearing bushes are generally a lot softer than those needed for steering etc.

just a useful bit of info

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Even still, nolothane is generally stiffer then rubber. Again, I haven't felt the difference, all I know is nolothane squeaks so much more than rubber

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
It's a resto, so I'll probably go rubber. Did buy nolothane body mounts though.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
i went neo's on every single bush on my impala and not a single squeek. you use enough assembly lube?

Used a fair bit, same as the rubber, still squeaks, I'll pull the diff eventually and re do it.

So is this thing staying the same colour?

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Used a fair bit, same as the rubber, still squeaks, I'll pull the diff eventually and re do it.

So is this thing staying the same colour?

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Sure will be, from what I can gather its fairly rare.