Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't speak Holden, but HELLO!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
LOL!!! Spoken with all the naivety of someone without a clue. An F1 car has no clutch pedal, is manual and requires more skill than you (or anyone else on this forum) will ever have.

oh come on! An F1 car? Seriously?

Driving a track car and driving a road car are two completely different things. The track is all about making every millisecond count - it isn't like that on the road. And a manual is without a doubt more fun on the road. Nothing better than finding a windy road, with a nice mix of on and off camber corners and variety of speeds teamed with a manual box.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I'll add to the XR6 turbo thing...

I've driven one. Sure, the speedo and tacho said you were moving along at serious pace. And the ford and holden really arent that much different. If you put aside the red and blue goggles, I can find three things wrong with the XR6.
1) I cant put the drivers seat back far enough in any falcon to be comdortable in it.
2) while you might get some serious poke out of the turbo 6, you simply miss out on the sweet sound of a V8.
3) Insurance on a XR6 turbo will price it out of reach for many.

And if I put my red goggles back on, I think every falcon's interior smells like wet cat hair (its less noticable in one fitted with leather).

So it is a matter of personal opinion on which way you go. But you have to remember that everyone has an opinion, and to them, theirs is right. So if you've got a VE, or an FG, and you are happy with it - then all the power to ya! Enjoy it. We buy these cars because they provide enjoyment, and someone elses personal view on automotive enjoyment might not be identical to yours.

So to the OP, have fun with your new beast!

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
05 BF MK1 to 08 VE SV6 = Huge Leap!

Some very valid points in all aspects of everyone's POV but.....