Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don't speak Holden, but HELLO!

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Hey all..

I am a new Holden owner as of next week! I have purchased a 60th Anniversary VE SV6 Ute in Karma.. It's sexy..

But as I am new I don't want any secrets.. I was a Ford owner and a PROUD one at that!

My previous ride was a BF XR6. CAI, Underdrive, Slotted Rotors, FPV starter button and a 154 RWKW!! Loved that car!

But a few months ago I sold it as It was sitting around doing nothing because I was FIFO out of the mines. A few weeks later I resigned lol and got a job in Adelaide to lead a more social life with me woman..

Anywho I was looking for a car that was practical.. Something like a hilux, but I figured that would be not so good for the long trips and wasn't fair to always take the missus car.. So long story short I found this baby on the net and took it for a test drive that day.. And I tell ya what, They actually don't sound like a vacume cleaner from in the cab.. And the M6 has some punch! Hopefully mine is able to be tuned, otherwise :-( doh...

I look forward to piciking it up and learning the lingo that goes with all things Holden lol..

Finding my round such a large forum is exciting, looking forward to seeing pics of everyone's rides and Engine Bay detailing.. I am a fan.. So any good links feel free to post :D

Peace!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Welcome to the dark side, you will be a powerful Sith Lord.
Now bow before your masters. You will now be known as Darth Holden.
Arise Darth Holden.

/end geek speak

Welcome mate, you wont look back :).

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I can sort of get the whole into Fords thing and can get past it but what da hells with the stupid starter buttons, you still have to put the key in and turn it then push the button?
Anyway now i've got that off my chest welcome to the forum hope you we can help you out with your questions and hope you enjoy your new ute.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hey Jonesee, Nice to have you on board!

If your ute is a brand new SIDI, I believe the finishing touches are being put on a tune right now and, from what I've been reading, should be available in the next week or so. If your car is older than that, then go get it tuned already!

You'll love it mate, they handle and grip well out of the box (the grip is surprisingly good for a ute) so don't be afraid to have some fun in it - and if you do get tail happy (you will) it's all very progressive and manageable. Heaps of fun!

Enjoy it, mate and good luck!

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
So they are available for 08 SV6's?? Hmm I must pay attention to the dates in posts haha.. Sweet! I was very suprised at how well they handled! Went for a hills cruise not long ago and a mate let hiss SSV LOOSE! WOW very impressive! And very much looking forward to it!! :yahoo:

Thanx for the warm welcome and as for the starter button??

It's the wank factor lol.. :p

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Welcome mate, i had an 08 SV6 Ute. Great cars, loved it.

Have a look at this link if you want some ideas SV6 Ute although it is a different colour...

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Very nice mate, thanx for the link... Only two more sleeps to go! :D

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Interesting considering the FG is MILES ahead of the VE. Especially the turbo 6. Mate of mine recently had to pick his first ute and it was between the Ford or Holden. He's not a fan of either and has never owned either. Picked the Ford (as did I). The SV6 is just far too much money for the lack lustre performance and appointments as far as the interior goes. M6 is average too whereas the XR6 M6 is the TR6060 (same as the HSVs and the W427).

Keen to know why as a Ford person you went for something worse that the current Ford offering. Although the VE is way ahead of the BA/BF so if that was your comparison it makes sense.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Always owned Fords before the Ve came out mate, each has there own set of good and bad points.

It was the Ve killer looks that converted me. Oh and the 6L V8 :smoking:

Just such a nice all round machine, you will love your new ute. Congrats.

Cheers.