Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I just ####ed up my interior trims!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nothing will match to OEM 10 year old faded trim.
Only way to get a uniform result is to coat the lot.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Google vht vinyl dye, i've used it a couple of times and it looks really good and seems to last pretty well too

Nothing will match to OEM 10 year old faded trim.
Only way to get a uniform result is to coat the lot.

That's why I said "if you spray one half of lets say a brand new dashboard, will that half stand out?" Key word "brand new". Hence not 10 years old. I just wanna know if it has oem finish. In other word, will anyone be able to tell if it was treated?...considering you coat the lot

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Just remove all the trim and say you have a Racecar should be fine after that you might even pick up some chicks or dudes up lol. But if it bothers you so much just go to a wreckers and buy the whole interior if having mis match interior finishes really annoys you.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Try wiping the panels down with a product called de-solvit. Most hardware stores sell it and it removes grease, oil and other **** like that. I can't see how dish soap and a soft brush could permanently damage the vinyl, it is plastic after all. More likely something applied to the vinyl after it was made like armour all or silicon wipes.

Wipe the de-solvit off with spray n wipe and then apply your favourite protectant.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
WD40, rub it into an area that is damaged and see what happens.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
That's why I said "if you spray one half of lets say a brand new dashboard, will that half stand out?" Key word "brand new". Hence not 10 years old. I just wanna know if it has oem finish. In other word, will anyone be able to tell if it was treated?...considering you coat the lot
Key word is VY, so not brand new.
Even if you had a brand new dash it won't match. They don't make specific colours just a general range.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Ok...to those who have tried this product with success, which of their product is the closest to the blackisih commodore trim: gloss jet black, black satin or charcoal grey?

Last edited:

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
This will work, its for exterior but will work.

item_1300597454_black_wow_4o.jpg