Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i need a wiring diagram for to amps

mundine

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
i need a wiring diagram for a 2 ch and 4 ch to run amps i need 1 for 2 run speakers and the ather to run the sub cheers

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• amp_wiring_diagram.gif
    amp_wiring_diagram.gif
    41.4 KB · Views: 74,509

mundine

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
the onley problem i have is my cd player has onley to rca not for thats why i am confused

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Ground block and power block?

And whats the point of the capacitor? Dont tell me why or why not to have one, just tell me what the point of having one in a car stereo is.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Just run two power cables from the battery, one to each amp. Then a ground wire off each amp to a solid metal part of the car, the remote wire comes from the head-unit and just split it into 2 wires, then connect them to each amp.

RCAs - You'll have to let us know how you wanna run the speakers/subwoofer. For example run the 2 speakers off the 4ch amplifier and the subwoofer off the 2ch amplifier.

mundine

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
i want to run 4 speakers on the 4 ch and run the sub on the 2 ch

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Ground block and power block?

And whats the point of the capacitor? Dont tell me why or why not to have one, just tell me what the point of having one in a car stereo is.
Wank factor usually. And very rarely to reduce headlight dimming.

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
Just run two power cables from the battery, one to each amp. Then a ground wire off each amp to a solid metal part of the car, the remote wire comes from the head-unit and just split it into 2 wires, then connect them to each amp.

RCAs - You'll have to let us know how you wanna run the speakers/subwoofer. For example run the 2 speakers off the 4ch amplifier and the subwoofer off the 2ch amplifier.

with the remote wire...i have a pioneer headunit which i think i have used the remote wire to run my steering wheel controls on (CAT)...how do i go about running that...can i run them both or...do i have to sacrifice the controls?..and how do you mean split into two wires?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You can just "add on" another wire from the remote cable that comes out of your head-unit.

A simple way to explain how to split the remote is just to connect it to the first amp, then run another cable from the REM terminal of the first amp and conenct it to the second amp.

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
You can just "add on" another wire from the remote cable that comes out of your head-unit.

A simple way to explain how to split the remote is just to connect it to the first amp, then run another cable from the REM terminal of the first amp and conenct it to the second amp.

sorry can you please just explain the adding on a wire in the back of the headunit part,

and on my amp this would be the "system control" terminal..lol?..so 2 cables run from the one "system control" terminal??