Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I think just about all Kiwi Commies are turbo'd

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
I have been having tons of fun with these over the last couple of years. I am on my third car, second gearbox, and 8th engine !!! seems I am good at busting stuff.

My latest incarnation is my trusty V6 TT setup in a VL wagon, with T5 gearbox and 3:45 28 spline LSD. Should get 12's out of it if I shift gears right and the clutch holds up....I have a previous best of 13.9 at just over 100MPH as the clutch just wouldn't pull in 3rd or fourth.

Next plan is to use a 4.3 Chev V6 and powerglide in caged VH I just happen to have lying in the shed :blah blah:

Also I am the king of low budget back yard engineering....this car owes me less than $2500 kiwi pesos !!

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
choice thats mean i was having a think about those 4.3 chevy engines cheap stoker lol you should see if ya buick inlet mani will fit on for us may be a cheap way for more cubes

and need more pics

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
choice thats mean i was having a think about those 4.3 chevy engines cheap stoker lol you should see if ya buick inlet mani will fit on for us may be a cheap way for more cubes

and need more pics

There is nothing interchangeable from the Chev 262 or 4.3 and the trusty buick....beleive me, I feel guilty turning my back on the ol Buick, but there is such limited, (read expensive and hard to find) aftermarket gear for them.

Far as the chevy goes, there is not much in them, apart from the crank, rods, and cam that is unique. Everything else is standard small block chev dimensions, so there are unlimited upgrades available.

My "other" car is an HR Holden drag car, the recipe for this is light, strong, and a 4.3L Chev V6 running 20+ PSI boost, from twin turbo's and running on methanol. That is still a while away, I want to use the old VH as a bit of a test mule first.

Sorry moderators, not a Commodore pic....

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
thats mean bro are you going to turbo the carb on the chevy v6 or gunna convert to efi also if turbo ing the carb how you gunna go about it?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha more more no wonder we have trouble finding cheap 3800's here LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats mean bro are you going to turbo the carb on the chevy v6 or gunna convert to efi also if turbo ing the carb how you gunna go about it?

haha I like it, it's my baby.

I will not be using a carby, that was an early mockup when I was going with a 383 Chevy. I am making a cross ram type manifold for it, and will run injection through 2 throttle bodies, on seperate plenums, and manage it with a megasquirt computer, using wasted spark and the EDIS ignition system from the "other" make of Aussie car. As it is going to run on alcohol, there is no need for an intercooler, so the manifolds can be short and simple in design. If only I had a million bucks, and tons of time, it would be done already !! :beer chug:

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha more more no wonder we have trouble finding cheap 3800's here LOL

Yeah, but I am a little bit spoiled, as a good friend of mine owns the local Holden wreckers, but my current V6 with it's new pistons, prepped bottom end and extensive porting work will be my last, so there will be more for everyone else haha

Mind you, if I could get a cheap ecotec, I have always wanted to put 2 small Toyota superchargers on one of those suckers....

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have all the port work done now, time to get the heads skimmed, throw em on and get this thing going again!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
old keith was it only seen his stores of commodores parts for the first time the other day few bits :D

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's right, Keith has been there over 20 years....you're a bit slow !! haha I worked part time for him for a while, learned heaps about these old heaps ..