Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I was 19 when I purchased this.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
(continuation from the VF forum)

And now i'm heading for my 66th birthday.

What a great car with only 26,500 miles on the clock mainly driven on Sundays at over 100 MPH at a drag strip (not saying more)

If you look at the interior photo you will spot the short Hurst 4 Speed shifter. Now I learnt a few tricks with muncies and Hurst shifters and that was.

"a" the two lugs that change 1st and 2nd and 3rd ans 4th you remove them off the Muncie cut them shorten them and re weld them.
"b" You dismantle the Hurst shifter, you get the 1st,2nd and 3rd,4th selector arms and you cut them and add say a lengthening piece of 25mm just above the pivot hole then you re weld them then assemble the shifter.

So why do this? if you lengthen the shifter arms and shorten the two lugs on the box itself you dramatically reduce the travel distance between all gear changes and when you have a fine spline Muncie with after market Syncro Hubs with special Syncro's and half the dogs missing on the sliders you can change gears that fast that most wouldn't see your arm moving as its that quick. don't try this with a T56 NOoooo they don't like this or gear change like I use to do in my younger days.

time limit expired

The front shot of the HQ GTS Monro. very few were made with a Stateman's front with Single Headlights and with Electric windows. Very few were painted in March the 17th paint, very similar as to the VF "SPITFIRE" Colour.

time limit expired

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
NICE :thumbsup:

..... I think I might have been for a visit at that drag strip too........:hmmm::rofl2:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This needs many, many, many more pics.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I made a typo above. I said you can change gears that fast that most would see your arm moving as its that quick. Should have been you can change gears that fast that most wouldn't see your arm moving as its that quick.

By the way I also use to use auto transmission fluid in the muncie. That also improved gear changed because trust me fast gear changes, heavy flywheel, 7500 RPM, sufficient HP = good ET. I should have fitted this engine and gearbox in a Torana.
The monro was just to heavy. The long doors with electric windows (4 off them) added too much weight.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
NICE :thumbsup:

..... I think I might have been for a visit at that drag strip too........:hmmm::rofl2:

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Nope - back pressure is a complete fallacy. In short - do you fart any better with a cork up your arse???

Yes ! It all depends on how much you block the Fart! See I tested once by farting in a 90 degree corner and my SPL meter read a higher level 20M further away + I had more thrust!. Try it you will see how correct I am. Yes FART in a corner against the wall. And if you are an Engineer or Electronically technically minded buy a SPL Meter, get this one as I calibrate Home threatre's with this one.
You need to do some reading on Jet Engines and thrust vectoring. Do some reading on EDF Jets as I have a few of them and what I have done to increase there thrust as I have a twin engine SU-35 2.5 Metre long Jet and all I did as the yanks told me to do is restrict there arses and by doing this the jets although being heavy we able to accelerator faster off the ground.

Look at my AVATAR Look at the top left corner very closely and you will see this marvelous jet (one of four that I have) that has retracting wheels with the wheel doors that close and Dr Mad hotted up engines that spin at 54,000 RPM

Now back to the original statement No your wrong! I did go to a street meeting and at that meeting I took with me 4 sets of Extractor flanged (3 bolts) pipes with extensions of different sizes and lengths and I noticed that one particular set gave me a higher terminal speed. You must remember what might not work for you might work for others.

Anyhow buy this meter as you will be able to use its for a lot of reasons. Including noisy cars.
https://minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
WTF.......

Good of you to take one quote out of context, maybe see some of my other posts on exhausts...........

Comparing a jet turbine engine to a cars exhaust system.......... :rofl2: :thumbsup: