Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I will never buy a new Holden again "ever"

gwog3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb vxr
Hi all
Just want to let people know how lifetime loyal customers get treated by customer assistance when you have an issue . I recently purchased a new zb vxr commodore my 5th new Holden) which has now got 8000 Kim on it , great car but with a major issue ie I took the car in for early service as the oil condition light came on recommending an oil change so decided to get it done at the selling dealer ( supposed to be 12000 Kim between services) when I went to pick up the car after service I was informed that all 4 tyres needed replacing as they were scuffed out on the inner edge when asked why they could not explain why the premature wear was happening and was told to call customer care for help . Customer care wanted the wheel alignment to be checked at Holden dealership , results were sent to Holden customer care and few days later customer care rang and informed me that the wheel alignment results are fine and the tyres were worn due to normal wear and tear and closed the case with no assistance whatsoever, can anybody tell me how I could possibly wear out a set of tyres in just 8000k in a v6 awd commodore , when my previous car was a vf ssv which the tyres lasted 40000 k (the only possible cause is wheel alignment or a suspension issue ) but Holden are offering no help in the matter but they do expect me to fork out $2000 for tyres every time the cars due for an oil change . Not got good enough Holden therefore I will never buy another Holden product , just in principle

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Take to an independent wheel alignment shop and see what they say.

gwog3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb vxr
already booked in for next week , but I doubt it will do any good as Holden have already closed the case and told me they wouldn't do a thing even when I told them it would be all over social media they said go for it , so this is just my starting point

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Hi all
Just want to let people know how lifetime loyal customers get treated by customer assistance when you have an issue . I recently purchased a new zb vxr commodore my 5th new Holden) which has now got 8000 Kim on it , great car but with a major issue ie I took the car in for early service as the oil condition light came on recommending an oil change so decided to get it done at the selling dealer ( supposed to be 12000 Kim between services) when I went to pick up the car after service I was informed that all 4 tyres needed replacing as they were scuffed out on the inner edge when asked why they could not explain why the premature wear was happening and was told to call customer care for help . Customer care wanted the wheel alignment to be checked at Holden dealership , results were sent to Holden customer care and few days later customer care rang and informed me that the wheel alignment results are fine and the tyres were worn due to normal wear and tear and closed the case with no assistance whatsoever, can anybody tell me how I could possibly wear out a set of tyres in just 8000k in a v6 awd commodore , when my previous car was a vf ssv which the tyres lasted 40000 k (the only possible cause is wheel alignment or a suspension issue ) but Holden are offering no help in the matter but they do expect me to fork out $2000 for tyres every time the cars due for an oil change . Not got good enough Holden therefore I will never buy another Holden product , just in principle
Local dealer charged a work collegue $4207 to replace the f/r control arm bushes in his 100000 km old craptiva. And holden can’t work out why we dispise em

gwog3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb vxr
For once I'm on your side Feel free to bag Holden as much as you like

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I told them it would be all over social media they said go for it

Social media has very little impact unless it's something stupid bad or they accidentally discriminated against some lame minority. You need to go down the Consumer laws path, you're far more likely to get a result out of them, particularly at 8k Kms old.

Seems you didn't notice excessive wear before they told you. Do the tyres actually need to be replaced?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Photos of said tyres?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Got pics of the tyres?

Is the oil condition light an actual feature on this model or just a superfluous system used by other markets?

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Local dealer charged a work collegue $4207 to replace the f/r control arm bushes in his 100000 km old craptiva. And holden can’t work out why we dispise em

Why do people not get a second opinion before authorizing expensive, and sometimes unnecessary, repairs be carried out?