Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ideal Launch Technique VP V6

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
it could be your suspension set up.
I have the same issue with mine. I know mine is a gen3, but the concept is the same.
My current SS has been lowered at the back. Due to this, the wheels camber out. No matter how hard i try, i cant mash the pedal from standstill without going sideways in a cloud of smoke.
However, with my old SS with standard suspension, i could get off the line without wheel spin.
Both cars were the same with approx 230rwkw

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The IRS Gen 3s can really go to crap as soon as you put a low and hard spring in them, most of the local guys at the drags run FE2, well infact all of them do, it's usually worth nearly half a second over just the 1/8th mile compared to a harder aftermarket spring, cheaper than 80 kws: ). Holden clearly spent more time getting this correct than the aftermarket spring companies did

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
My mate has a VX Clubby supercharged, and when he gives it full throttle it will do the same as mine it will bounce and shutter in the ass end, its stock clubby springs, and on 20s.