Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idelinng Extremelly rough

david marshall

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s pac
Hey guys have a problem with my vs ecotec.. was driving down road one day and pulled up at lights,when i went to pull off from lights car was running shocking and i cant get it above 40/50 kmh i have replaced all my leads/plugs and have tried swapping over Crank angle sensor, AFM i was goin to try the 02 sensors next but most people say that if it o2 sensor it gets better as it warms up, but mine is just stuffed all the time... im totally stuck for ideas...any help would be apprecitated

mitchvsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 turbo vs ute
try the module under the coil packs. mine needed a new one of those. and check the wires coming out of it and aroud your belts ect

david marshall

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s pac
im getting spark to all leads... could the module still be the problem or would that make me not get spark???

david marshall

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s pac
just put in a whole new coil pack/module and still no luck

BrAdAsS

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.bradass.net
Members Ride
VX Executive A4
I just replaced my Coolant Temperature Sensor $80 from repco... Im not saying that's what is wrong but it made my vx idle better and has improved my fuel economy and pepped the car up off idle. It also removed a problem I had where the revs would not sit at 1000-1300rpm it would jump and clear from 1000 to 1300rpm as a normal rev progression. It also seems to not suffer from hot weather as much either.

I got told by the injector service guy that the coolant temp sensor influences injector timing which is why Im noticing a difference.

Have you checked for fault codes? If you search on here you will find which pins in the VS ALDL to short for finding fault codes manually.

david marshall

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s pac
mine is really bad like not drivable

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

BrAdAsS

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.bradass.net
Members Ride
VX Executive A4
Test for fault codes. This will hopefully give you something to go from instead of replacing things blind and hoping for a fix

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
Sounds like the fuel pump

david marshall

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s pac
i have a haltech interceptor but am having trouble finding a laptop old enough to have a serial port so i can connect it up