Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Identify these soft tonnneau bars

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone know which one of these bars pictured suits a VE Series I?
20220614_200342_resized.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have two soft cover kits but don't know which one suits VE? I was told they are both VE but the front bars are slightly different.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
the 1 on right looks like front bar from vu-vz range which is pushed/slides back into rectangular side body slots

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
The one on the left looks the same as mine. 2010 ve ute with sports bar and tonneau cover

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok, so laid both out and there is a slight variance the one I suspect is VU has slightly wider top side flaps where it fits up to the pillar. I have found instructions in both bags and one says VE. The other says nothing but was printed in 2001, the VE one was printed in 2007. I think it's fair to say one is VU and one is VE. The VE one is brand new, the VU one has been used. Probably look at selling the VU one if I can find a buyer.

Reactions: Lex

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Ok, so laid both out and there is a slight variance the one I suspect is VU has slightly wider top side flaps where it fits up to the pillar. I have found instructions in both bags and one says VE. The other says nothing but was printed in 2001, the VE one was printed in 2007. I think it's fair to say one is VU and one is VE. The VE one is brand new, the VU one has been used. Probably look at selling the VU one if I can find a buyer.
the 1 on right looks like front bar from vu-vz range which is pushed/slides back into rectangular side body slots