Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idiots not keeping left!

combatantsomeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim v6..?
Id have to say Victorians are the worst haha, the ones that come to the gold coast anyway...

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'04 VZ Executive, '98 EL Falcon, '95 NF Fairlane
In NSW last time i checked what was Christmas last year at a defensive driving course. They told us keep left unless overtaking is for posted speed limits of 90 kph and above. I read this. It says greater than 80kph. So i'm assuming keep left unless overtaking is for posted speed limits of 90kph and above.

Introduction
On 1 December 1999, New South Wales (NSW) adopted new road rules. These new road rules include the Australian Road Rules (ARR).
In NSW, under the new road rules, where a KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29) sign has been installed, the method for ending the requirement to keep left is to use an END KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29, R7–4E) sign assembly.
This technical direction covers the use of the:
• KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29) sign, see Figure 1
• END KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29, R7–4E) sign assembly, see Figure 2.
There is no change in signposting of overtaking lanes as this situation is covered in the new road rules.
Objective
To ensure consistent application of the new road rules and associated signs throughout NSW.
Multi–lane road
A multi–lane road is a road with two or more marked traffic lanes in each direction. It can be:
• a rural freeway, motorway or highway
• an urban freeway, motorway, highway or arterial road
• a two–way road with each carriageway separated by a raised median, a painted median or a marked dividing line
• a one-way street or road.
Practice
Multi–lane roads with speed limits greater than 80 km/h only require the use of signposting if it is considered that the additional reinforcement of these signs would be of benefit.
KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29) signs are used on multi–lane roads with speed limits of 80 km/h or less where:
• it is considered that the keep left rule would be of benefit
• there are no traffic control signals on the road.
Where a KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29) sign has been used, an END KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING (R6–29, R7–4E) sign assembly must be used to end the zone.

Reference
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/trafficinformation/downloads/00_03.pdf

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
View attachment 100067
Has anyone else found that lately there have been alot of morons putting along in the RIGHT hand lane and not getting out of the way?
There has to be something someone can do to get people to keep left unless over taking....
Do we need more signs or better education?? It's begging to get dangerous.
View attachment 100067
I'm thinking a $300 fine and 3 demerit points should do it.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
The Law and what you do on the road are 2 completly different things. When you learn to drive you are told to obay the laws. What they dont teach you is how to be courtesy to other people on the road. It doesnt matter if you your doing 70 in a 60 zone or not the right hand lane is for passing whether its on a highway or any double lane. if your in the right lane and someone is comming up behind you get out of the way!!! THis post is more for the complete dumb f*#ks that take their sunday drivers every day and do 10kmh under the limit in the right hand lane. Who cares what the law says about the minimum speed for keep left. THis country would be better if everyone had courtesy to other drivers on the road! its not hard. look in your rear view mirror if someone is sitting there get over out of their way let them pass then if your so in love with the right hand lane you can get back in it after the car has passed. No wonder speed limits are getting lower not higher. This is because the stupid people on the raod are f*#king it up for the rest of us! BOttom line is keep left!!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
and yes its getting worse

looool, since when? been driving for 15 years, 10 years in OZ and 5 years in england. exactly the same wherever you go. not getting any worse or any better.

the problem is the dumb f'ks that think cos' they are speeding for some god unknown reason they have some sort of 'legal right' to the right hand lane and they want to try and muscle out anyone going slower than them.

here is a scenario: little miss daisy is doing 105kmph in a 100 zone. there is a car in front of her at a safe stopping distance (2 seconds apart) she doesnt want to get any closer because she would be entering a dangerous stopping distance so she changes lane to overtake.
now behind her zooms mr ######## is his fulley sik car doing 120kmph, 20 kmph OVER the speed limit, of course mr ######## see's the gap in the left hand lane as ample room for miss daisy to get the f'k out of his way, so he tailgates and puts on his headlights. now miss daisy see's mr ######## gets flustered and scared cos she is not comfortable with someone driving that agressively, and has three choices, 1. break the law by re-entering the left lane (too close to the car she intended to overtake) and allowing him through or 2. break the law and speed up to match/better mr ########s speed 3. carry on in her LEGAL manner of overtaking.

anyone who thinks that speeding gives them right of way in the right hand lane is a complete f'k head. in england its always X5's or 3 series bimmers (the right lane is called the BMW lane), in OZ sadly, its always commodores or 4wd's.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
looool, since when? been driving for 15 years, 10 years in OZ and 5 years in england. exactly the same wherever you go. not getting any worse or any better.

the problem is the dumb f'ks that think cos' they are speeding for some god unknown reason they have some sort of 'legal right' to the right hand lane and they want to try and muscle out anyone going slower than them.

here is a scenario: little miss daisy is doing 105kmph in a 100 zone. there is a car in front of her at a safe stopping distance (2 seconds apart) she doesnt want to get any closer because she would be entering a dangerous stopping distance so she changes lane to overtake.
now behind her zooms mr ######## is his fulley sik car doing 120kmph, 20 kmph OVER the speed limit, of course mr ######## see's the gap in the left hand lane as ample room for miss daisy to get the f'k out of his way, so he tailgates and puts on his headlights. now miss daisy see's mr ######## gets flustered and scared cos she is not comfortable with someone driving that agressively, and has three choices, 1. break the law by re-entering the left lane (too close to the car she intended to overtake) and allowing him through or 2. break the law and speed up to match/better mr ########s speed 3. carry on in her LEGAL manner of overtaking.

anyone who thinks that speeding gives them right of way in the right hand lane is a complete f'k head. in england its always X5's or 3 series bimmers (the right lane is called the BMW lane), in OZ sadly, its always commodores or 4wd's.

Oh...so there is no problem with people doing 90 in 100 zones not overtaking anyone?

Damn all these people I come across doing that are in the right, it is only the people speeding that are in the wrong.

Pretty stupid post, end of the day, there is a reason why it is called keep left unless overtaking, because if your not overtaking you should not be in the right hand lanes. Fairly sure this was the point the OP was making.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Oh...so there is no problem with people doing 90 in 100 zones not overtaking anyone?

if you check the speeds i posted, they are all OVER the speed limit. if you are overtaking at 90, then i guess the flow of traffic must be quite heavy. i agree that people sitting in ther right lane are annoying, but what i find is more annoying is when i am doing over the speed limit, overtaking, and there is always that twat who deems my speed as "not fast enough" and decides to tailgate.

just cos' you are going faster than me, doesnt mean i have to take evasive action to let you through. in fact, you should slow the f'k down. "wipe of 5, save lives" LMAO...

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
The law is KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING. if your going to fast in the left lane or going up someones ass thats fine get out of the line but if you see another car comming up in the right hand lane (THE OVERTAKING LANE) either speed up and move or get back in your hole. If you dont know how to drive or drive with courtesy on the road you shouldnt be on the road end of story! Like MINUX said its called KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING for a reason. If your not overtaking YOU SHOULD BE IN THE RIGHT LANE END OF STORY

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
35881_132940736725057_100000273944753_274578_6854840_n.jpg