Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

If you had to...

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
After reading the P plate drivers thread, i thought i would start this thread (cos i didnt wanna hijack the other one).

My question:
if you had to sit a test exactly the same as P plate drivers sit now, do you think you would pass?

when replying to this, state your age, sex, years driving experience (not including L's) and reasons as to why you think/do not think you would pass.

ok, im 21 (22 in a month), male and ive been driving for 4 years and 8 months. i think that if i had to sit the test tomorrow i would pass on almost everything but would fail on reverse parralell parking. only cos i have done it 5 times since my test and im too parranoid about scraping my wheels on the gutter. but i think that stuff like keeping speed, mirror/head checks and general road rules i would pass on.

niggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Male, just turned 19, had my licence for 2years and a month or something (just got off the 'pick me' plates) :D

If i had to do my test again i reckon i would pass, about the only thing i do now thats illeagle is speed, which i would obvioulsy won't do during the test :)

Saying that when i was on my L's my driving instructor was saying if she had to sit the test again she wouldn't pass - too many bad habbets, she was 30'ish...

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Ill be off my Ps in14 days :D....im sure that id pass wit ease, dont think that my driving has gone down hill. I think my only prob is that i speed....i try not to really.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
More then likely.. And yeah same here with the reverse paralell.. Haven't done it for ages because steering is way too heavy to bother.

20, m, 2 or so years.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Yeah, if l loose my bad habbits. I tend to drive with one hand on the wheel, l tend to drive to music (there was no music allowed when l was with the instructor), l speed sometimes, l'm abusive.....
...maybe l wouldn't pass!!

18, M, 1 1/2 years.

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Male 18, driving since Jan this year so whats that just under 10 months. Hope I'd pass it again cant think of anything that I've gone bad in except little habbits like one hand on the steering wheel and stuff like that.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
25 years of age had 6 cars, current ride is listed belown 8 years driving would pass everything excepet reverse paraelle parking due to my car being so low it will (and has when i tried it) ripped my kit off the mounts so i tend to just just drive to a differnt park :) usually ones that have 15mins left on them haha

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
26, male licence for 5 year's, i would like to think id pass if i re-sat my driving test, but i would fail big time on the revers parking, i cant reverse park to save my life, reverse parking is stupid anyways'

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
ok been driving since i was 11 years old and no im not a country person

finnally decided to get my licence when i was 24 now im almost 40 so been on the road a long time and seen it all from good drivers to absolute hopeless ones.
saying that tho i say i would pass the tests with flying colours.
the only thing i would have to change is the one hand on the steering and the other on the shifter.
reverse paralell parking is one of the easiest things to do once you know all the tricks.
after doing an advanced driver training course that teaches you almost everything about car control speed and braking i must say i feel more confident behind the wheel knowing that i can get out of most bad situations without damaging the car or myself.
if you get the chance to do one of these courses do it.
if you think you know everything about driving your car YOU DONT but you will learn.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
If i was to resit my driving test 2moro i would pass for sure. Now there is 2 problems here.....who can reverse park the test car (corolla?) and then who can step into their sedan and reverse park.....i absolutley hate it and if i cant find a park i cant just drive straight into i dont stop until i do :D......but im 18 ive been driving now for a year and if i drove the way i do when im pissed off coming home from work(not like an idiot just not as calm and organised as it should be in a driving test) then i wouldnt pass but if i drove the best i could then would do it easy.