Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ignition switch failing

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
About noon, the return spring on the ignition switch failed. A few more trips, it still starts, then I noticed only engine and aircon are running, but no lights or radio. I guess it is about to disintegrate altogether. I tried Repco, Autobarn and Autopro, they say none in Perth. FFS, same part was used from VN to VZ.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
About noon, the return spring on the ignition switch failed. A few more trips, it still starts, then I noticed only engine and aircon are running, but no lights or radio. I guess it is about to disintegrate altogether. I tried Repco, Autobarn and Autopro, they say none in Perth. FFS, same part was used from VN to VZ.
When engine starts turn the key back one click. That will stop the starter motor from engaging the ring gear after the engine has started..

I'd be checking fuse & relays. The switch does'nt have anything to do with the other circuits.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
In my VS I get the same very occasionally...the switch returns to what appears to be 'on' but it actually sits just off of the 'on' position, no radio,indicators(?) or lights.

Reactions: Lex