Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Illegal Lights

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I too have been canaried for blue parkers. I think the way I got done was rather rude as well!

I was towing home my SPL car(on a trailer) when I got pulled over for a licence and roadworthy check. I was asked to remove my Subaru from the trailer so they could inspect the trailer. BANG the mongrel hit me every defect in the book! The reason it was on the trailer was because I knew it was unroadworthy. But, because I backed it off onto the shoulder (where he pulled me up) and not off the road completly, he decided to canary it! Needed two canaries too fit it all in. In short, I was bothered by the canaries as I had no intentions of paying the registration on the vehicle as I was never going to drive it again, just on and off the trailer at dB Drags. But the WAY it was given to me was a little irritating as I did not that by parking on the shoulder I was effectively being on the road. The officer did not make me aware. Although, it now explains the little smirk when I killed the motor on the shoulder.

R

RKZ234

12Voltking said:
I too have been canaried for blue parkers. I think the way I got done was rather rude as well!

I was towing home my SPL car(on a trailer) when I got pulled over for a licence and roadworthy check. I was asked to remove my Subaru from the trailer so they could inspect the trailer. BANG the mongrel hit me every defect in the book! The reason it was on the trailer was because I knew it was unroadworthy. But, because I backed it off onto the shoulder (where he pulled me up) and not off the road completly, he decided to canary it! Needed two canaries too fit it all in. In short, I was bothered by the canaries as I had no intentions of paying the registration on the vehicle as I was never going to drive it again, just on and off the trailer at dB Drags. But the WAY it was given to me was a little irritating as I did not that by parking on the shoulder I was effectively being on the road. The officer did not make me aware. Although, it now explains the little smirk when I killed the motor on the shoulder.

Given that you believed you were obeying a lawful instruction to remove the car from the trailer (where it was not committing any offence) I'd have objected to being slapped with unroadworthy paperwork for doing as you were told!!

You could easilly argue his instructions weren't clear enough and that his failure to advise/supervise you take it off the trailer properly was the reason you committed an offence.

If that failed to achieve the desired result, I'd have then filed an official complaint.

Those sort of Cowboy antics do nothing for public perception and give decent Police Members a bad name!! My father would have blasted any of his troops if they dared pull a bull$hit stunt like that!!

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
rattattack1313 said:
its a bummer about that.....I can understand red ones being trouble....but blue or yellow ones should be legal I reckon....( I have green ones...lol..)...

I put red ones in my berlina a few weeks ago... looks nice to me BUT I did however put them in on the understanding that it IS ILLEGAL to do so. I suspect the reason for that is they do actually look like tail lights to a trailer or something to that extent.

Hence, my parkers are only on for 'show off' purposes and not driving around. I always carry the originals should the removal of the red ones be required of me!

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
How long ago was that 12voltking?
Theres no way I'd put up with that crap. You were'nt even driving it!

cosmo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I have red parker lights in my VY SS ute, being a dark purple paintwork they really set the car off and give it an individual look. Look stupid??? i don't think so and as in every thing its an individuals choice and opinion of what they think and like surely!! Im in QLD and the certainly are illegal up here but to date i have only been cautioned.

T

timdawes

i've got blue parkers, and the car passed rego

and i've never been pulled over, even having driven behind police cars

R

RKZ234

timdawes said:
i've got blue parkers, and the car passed rego

and i've never been pulled over, even having driven behind police cars

Well your car shouldn't have passed. But because it did, it doesn't make it roadworthy.

But don't take my word for it, just keep driving it Timmy. Your luck will run out soon enough. If you are really lucky the Police will just give you a ticket.

Worst case, you'll be involved in a prang and you'll have no insurance! :b:

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Park lights are for your safety.

Changing colours might look cool, but it ain't safe.

T

TJM

I asked serveral police. some say blue is fine some say its not cause its a color they use on emergency vehicles... so how the hell are we meant to know?

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
12Voltking said:

This is whats called entrapment. File a complaint and take it to court if necessary. :ranting: :ranting: