Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Im new to holdens, this is my first.

Jarrad

Sherminator
Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver Ex Cop VX Wagon
6 months is a long time to be driving around an uninsured car...

andy011611

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
found and replaced the sensor it was the oil preasure i meant, has been replaced, think i will still need a pump though.

mickey1010

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Falcon Futura & a VR flog bomb
It's a miracle it has lasted till 488,000 kays. Can't be on the original powertrain surely? I have never seen a Commo last that many kays. My VR work bomb has 220,000 and it's on death's door just about.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
It's a miracle it has lasted till 488,000 kays. Can't be on the original powertrain surely? I have never seen a Commo last that many kays. My VR work bomb has 220,000 and it's on death's door just about.

As long as you change the oil regularly and keep the cooling system up to scratch there is no reason any 3.8L V6 shouldn't see half a million kms. Transmissions on the other hand are lucky if they get to 300,000km even if babied... but they are cheap to rebuild and all the points of failure are known.

The number 1 cause of breakdown of a V6 Commodore is neglecting to maintain it. Unfortunately once cars get old they often get sold cheaply to a negligent owner and that's why people have this false idea that they only last x amount of kilometers before blowing up... because all the ones with x amount of kms are treated as 'bombs'

I had only bought the written off car 6 months prior, therefore hadnt got around to insurance yet
What.

So you were just driving around for 6 months with your fingers crossed that you didn't accidentally rear end a $100,000 Mercedes? All because you were too lazy to organize insurance? :hmmm:

People like you are the reason we need insurance in the first place!!

found and replaced the sensor it was the oil preasure i meant, has been replaced, think i will still need a pump though.
The oil pressure sensor isn't even remotely related to the PS lol.

Last edited:

andy011611

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
What.

So you were just driving around for 6 months with your fingers crossed that you didn't accidentally rear end a $100,000 Mercedes? All because you were too lazy to organize insurance? :hmmm:

People like you are the reason we need insurance in the first place!!

No its not like people like me you need insurance in the first place, its people like YOU (for instance), that dont watch what they are doing, your probably a hoon that thinks NAAAAAAA its not gona happen to me.

I have driven for years without any accident what so ever, then someone "NOT WATCHING" causes it.

so NO i didnt just have my FINGERS CROSSED.

so you see noone would NEED insurance if everybody WATCHED what they were doin.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I have driven for years without any accident what so ever, then someone "NOT WATCHING" causes it.

so NO i didnt just have my FINGERS CROSSED.

so you see noone would NEED insurance if everybody WATCHED what they were doin.

it kind of sounds like you're the one with the "naaaaaaa she'll be right mate, it won't happen to me as I'm the stig" attitude. **** happens on the road as there's no such thing as 100% concentration.

Get a new power steering pump and call it a day.