Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Im no good with subs and amps...help

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
hey,
i currently have 270w 6" infinity speakers in the rear and 160w 6" pioneer speakers in the front. i still haveto hookup crossovers and tweeters. When i have that in, im not sure what sub and amp to get. all i want is 1 12" sub and an amp to run it. any ideas? also the cheapest possible would be great but i still want good sound. Thankssss

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
try the jaycar amps aparently they are all right and are reasonably priced. $400 for a 800wrms mono block. then for a sub you will prob end up spending around the $200 mark. the 600w earthquakes seem all right. go have a look at jb hifi or at autobahn. mabey even try and pick something up second hand if thats to expensive for you. but then dnt forget you also need a box and wireing kit about a nother 100-150

lasco

lasco
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
thanks guys, appreciate the help heaps.

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
The jaycar amps are good value for money. I would look elsewhere for a sub though. Not that the jaycar ones are bad at all. However, there are plenty around that offer better VFM IMHO. Try the entry level pioneer, alpine etc, but also look at JL audio, jbl etc. Stay away from subs that don't have proper documentation/specs.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
phree said:
The jaycar amps are good value for money. I would look elsewhere for a sub though. Not that the jaycar ones are bad at all. However, there are plenty around that offer better VFM IMHO. Try the entry level pioneer, alpine etc, but also look at JL audio, jbl etc. Stay away from subs that don't have proper documentation/specs.

hes looking for a cheap sub and for the price i dont think you could beat the jaycar sub. i got my 12" for $70 and made the box myself to the specs i was given

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
second hand speakers?! StoneX? Are you crazy?

I wouldn't touch a second hand speaker with Johnny Howards thingy!

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
From a friend or someone I would, not from someone I didn't know though. Although, i've sold several speakers and subs 2nd hand :)

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
DO NOT GO PAST JAYCAR STUFF, i used to think yeah good value for money but my mates complete response setup in his corona, is that insane its not funny. It beats anything ive heard apart from like shows n stuff but all my mates have twin pioneer subs and all kenwood setups n stuff but the response takes the cake.