Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

im so devastated...

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I think his point is he can manage to save enough money to not worry about Insurance. Not totally unfeasibly.

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
You've obviously led a very sheltered life. I saved most of the money for my car working at Pizza Hut for <$10 an hour.. It got scratched more than a meter from the front of my door to the boot, yes I was pissed off but **** happens.. After about 3 hours I was over it. I think saying your 'devastated' and 'dont want to drive anymore' is over reacting, just a bit.
Pay to get it fixed, cost a few hunge max..

mitchy_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pack 5spd/ vs calais S1
id be shattered to mate if sombody keyed my car!!

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
I disagree with many here....i take pride in how my car looks and spend many hours detailing.
I remember my first act of vandalism..(very simular to yours )
Yep i was devastated that some asshole who dont even know me would destroy my pride and joy just for a cheap laugh.
Thats what makes it so upsetting.

Accidents and careless driving i can live with.

Insurance...ye right..!! nasty excess !! and the time it takes to have it done.

boordy_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003 "HBD" Berlina
Ye when my first car got keyed along the front guard and driver's door, (lovely little 2000 VW Golf) I didn't notice till i got home and was cleaning it. Absolutely furious, but didn't go through insurance, the excess would hurt and had a mate who could respray it for me luckily. Still to this day think it was the crazy bitch from school who through a cup at my face and slapped me silly when i told her 'i only ever wanted to mess around with you.' . . . . Play nice with women, they bite.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
#### it, im gonna go key my car, just to get it out of the way.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
I used to have soccer mums denting my panels with their doors in the car park at work. easy fix, i park in the disabled spot which is at an angle so doors cant reach :)

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
I used to have soccer mums denting my panels with their doors in the car park at work. easy fix, i park in the disabled spot which is at an angle so doors cant reach :)

Don't even get me started on you.........christ.

I had my car egged with a hard boiled egg, left a nice little indent on my roof........was so not impressed. But hey are young dicks that think it's cool.

Wait till they get their licence and save for years for their pride and joy and just wait till someone does it to them, and i can guarantee you that it will happen.....

It's the circle of life, and unfortunately the kids nowadays are getting worse and worse for respect and attitude.

wickann15

YEEHAAAAAAAH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Some people just have no ####ing respect for other peoples property. Most people take the time to carefully open your door so you don't damage your car or the car next to you. As for the scratch its really not that bad. I've had my entire rear bumper almost taken off by some careless bastard in a shopping centre car park. Not a hell of a lot you can do about it unfortunately :( I figure **** happens and its just a fact of life that some wankers get their kicks by damaging other peoples property.