Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Importing a car

kieran.87

Reaction score
Yeah anything pre 30 years won't need to be converted. Seems like its just a lot easier going through a broker, anyone used IronChefImports before?

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
i can land you a LHD impala for nix. a lot less than you will get one here. i just dont wanna drive LHD personally prefer the fisher bodys and i was lucky to score one cheap. but anything american pre 69 dont need left to right hand drive conversion. biggest cost is shipping, but a container is only 2k USD so if we can get enough guys to buy engines etc from the states and pay for shipping we can score our stuff cheap cheap cheap..

meh your call. dodge rams are gay btw.

Yeah, I just have my heart set on the RHD 67. And it has to be a pillarless 4 door. And likewise I don't really want to drive LHD. I've been keeping my eye out and they do come up for sale from time to time. Seems to be a lot more 68's then 67's.
I'm not really financially ready at the moment anyway. For now its just a dream.
Also, Dodge Rams are awesome.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah the problem is that the 67' is the "supernatural" car and prolly one of the most popular cos' of that show. you can find them... if you have 30k, and im sorry but that is a frikken lot of money :D

p.s. i havent really noticed any comments from you on my impala thread :p get your butt in there!

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
Sorry, I have looked in your impala thread. And I'm ashamed to admit that it was the supernatural car that made me want one. The 66 and 68 are nice, but they don't have the nice ass that the 67 does.

tex66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute 5.7
Anyone had any experience importing cars from the states? Obviously the big issue there would be the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car. Unless its over 30 years old it can't registered as a left hand drive (in qld at least). And aside from that I imagine you'd have to go through a whole lot of the same rubbish to get it up to adr spec.

find a car 15 years or older that is not built here in australia. send a letter to canberra with vehicle specs asking for permission to bring it in. find yourself shipping company get it delivered there with all the paper work. it's almost as easy as that.....,.