Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

In car DVD from EBAY

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Lol, just when I get over wanting to buy one someone goes and says something good.
Damnit now I have to go through the whole thought process again...
Thank you :D

U

Ute God

also remember if they are coming from hong kong (or where ever) the manufacture warrenty applies in hong kong, this goes for all brands alpine, pioneer etc etc. So if you do buy the product from ebay and it is shipped from hong kong you are looking at $100 postage here then if you want a warrenty job its $100 to send it back then once its fixed thats another $100 to get it back to Australia.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Yeah I know, I'd be going for one based in Australia even though they import it.

V

VRSTATO

mate at $500 i recon its worth it. so what its cheap and quality isn't there. so what? mate not many pple have DVD players and will look mad in ya car. make sure JB willinstall it before buying though! also at $500 you can afford for the novelty to wear off!

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Yeah true. But I wouldn't pay to have JB install it anyway.
I installed my deck, rewired the car for the speakers, wired the Amp and Subbie.
I think I can install a DVD player.
Take my exp with the sound system and my exp at installing our home theatre and I think I'll do a great job.
I'm still thinking, I've got extra cash this week but I still have to buy a car so I'm gonna wait.

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
i've got a few car audio things off e-bay and so far so good!!! i haven't had any problems yet and saved a bundle!! i saved $1000 on a pioneer deck that was $1499 in strathfield car radios yes it's from hong kong the only difference is it doesn't pick up our AM radio stations the best but for $1000 i can sacrifice AM i hate it anyway!!

B

bdcmedia

MoSkA personally I have bought this exact DVD system but branded as Farrenheit. I would not recommend it as they are an import from overseas and are not tuned (RADIO) for Australian frequiencies. As a DVD player it is fine.
So just make sure you ask the seller if the Lilliput branded model is an Aussie model or not.

Brett

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Well I think I could buy it. I never listen to the radio... Ever. There's always a CD in my deck.

V

VRSTATO

i seriosly thinking of getting this item. i have checked out with supplier and it allows 2 RCA outputs for me amp and sub and also a warranty. if i purchase it can anybody put it in for me. ill pay $$$ i just dont have any idea od how to remve the stock and put a new one in. was thinking of screen unit where stock is and DVD player below it in the sunnies, smokes, coin section holder. i drive a VR statesman.

Ill drive to where you are or visa versa im located in KNOX in VIC 3156. just cant afford a JB or Autobarn install price.

check it out her

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5774670405&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

P

Polabare

Ebay Purchase

Hey guyz, i have been looking at dvd and screens for car for a while. just purcahsed a screen from buyer here in oz. be careful when looking at hong kong imports, i have noticed their monitors are a lot lower resolution. I only just bought mine so am still waiting for it to arrive, but i only paid $135 for it. will let you know what it is like when i get it. Have a look at the link below if your interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5782937219