Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Increasing Height of my car

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Springs that result in a taller ride height will be preferable to larger diameter wheels. There are good reasons why larger diameter wheel and tyre combos. are illegal. Apart from gearing, it messes with wheel bearing loads and suspension geometry. At least with the springs you only have to deal with geometry problems and if you are doing it to carry heavy loads then you're probably back somewhere nearer standard ride height anyway..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I just got a vt wagon as a work vehicle/tow hack and needed heavier springs in the rear as it was dragging the back when loaded, king springs do a load carrying spring, khhrl 69 hd from memory, and this raised the back end a lot!!! like adventura height. I am going to have to raise the front now to suit (work takes me off road anyway, so sorta a good thing as I have clearance issues at the minute anyway.)

Car sways about more, but cant go hard with a boot full of tools anyway.

does anyone know if std v8 springs will raise the front on a v6 by much? Looking for a cheap way to get the front up a bit

Yes, fitting V8 front springs will raise the front a little as the V8 springs are designed for a car which is heavier in the front. Not sure how much difference it would make on VT models onwards as the LS engines are a bit lighter than the Holden V8's.

I would however suggest that you get the matching springs to what you have fitted in the rear.